Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

iPod Touch 32GB - any good?

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2008, 03:59 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod Touch 32GB - any good?

Thinking about getting one but dont really know if they have any issues or problems. Would ideally be used for music, vids, wifi but can it be used for sat nav. What is the onscreen keyboard like?

Thanks
Old 28 November 2008, 04:17 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

I love my iPod Touch, it is a brilliant piece of gadgetry.

From your list: It is great for music, excellent for videos, wifi and internet browsing it great, keyboard is okay once you get used to it. You can't really use it for SatNav as it doesn't have GPS and you are not connected to the internet all the time (only in a WiFi area) to use something like googlemaps.

Steve
Old 28 November 2008, 05:02 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

It's poo coz it's an Apple product, you're buying into the hype, mine didn't work so I chucked it out after a week. iTunes is crap, you can't just drag music onto it, there are far better players out there and the audio quality is also crap.

Thought I'd jump in and say the above before the naysayers got a chance to

Seriously though, I've had a play with a Touch and they aren't too bad. If there was a 64GB model then I'd probably have one by now, as I'd want to replace my 60GB 4th Gen iPod with it, but as 32GB is the largest, I'm still holding off (Personally I really want a 64GB iPhone 3G, as that would give me a new phone and iPod, with the capacity I want, in one package).

As said by Steve, SatNav isn't really possible as it does not have GPS. You might be able to get basic location information if you're near wifi hotspots.
Old 28 November 2008, 05:59 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
It's poo coz it's an Apple product, you're buying into the hype, mine didn't work so I chucked it out after a week. iTunes is crap, you can't just drag music onto it, there are far better players out there and the audio quality is also crap.
All very valid points

Capacity would be my concern. I've got a 160gb classic, and that's almost 2/3 full now (no video, just albumns). Couldn't cope with something that small...

Last edited by Iain Young; 28 November 2008 at 06:00 PM.
Old 28 November 2008, 10:47 PM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

bought one of these ipod touches for my sister, looks much better than my iphone... does apps store too

wiley
Old 28 November 2008, 11:07 PM
kbsub
Scooby Regular

I have the 8GB and think its a marvellous piece of kit, Its half full and I'm not sure what you fill a 32GB up with. I mean how many songs can you like ??
I've just put Dark Knight (the Batman film ) on mine and its a great picture could easily watch the whole film while on a long plane journey or similar.
Good for checking emails on the move as well.
Old 29 November 2008, 08:38 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

I've got one and it is FANTASTIC. I really had to think long and hard over the Touch vs a 160Gig.

When I actually looked at how I listen to music, I discovered that I'm very habitual. I only listen to a certain amount of albums at any one time, or selected songs of various albums.

This is where ITunes manages my FULL library. The Touch is just a device for playing back my "mood" selections

Aside from the few times I actually listen to my pod on headphones, I listen to it mostly in the car - about 1.5hrs per day.....

The "small" capacity works fine for me.

The Wifi and web browsing is good, but IMHO it really needs a download option (save link/target as).

Aside from that, the sync options to iCal (mac).

It's just so much more than "just" an MP3 player.
By no means is it the answer to all the gadgets, but it is a great mp3 player that also does some very cool stuff.

Recommended (imho)

Dan
Old 29 November 2008, 03:45 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Ive had one and now sold it ..... And replaced it with an iPhone

Both are brilliant