Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Fallout 3 is out

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2008, 01:49 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fallout 3 is out

God damn' it.

What a choice! I've started playing Far Cry 2 and Fallout 3 is now tempting me.

Help!
Old 31 October 2008, 03:26 PM
WRXewl
Scooby Regular

I started playing a couple of older games but I may have to purchase a copy of this
Old 31 October 2008, 03:48 PM
nelio
Scooby Newbie

Well... Me 2
Old 31 October 2008, 07:23 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fecking great game Oblivion in the future
Old 01 November 2008, 08:22 AM
chrisUK300
Scooby Regular

if the gameplay is even half as good as the first two it will be a winner
Old 01 November 2008, 08:34 AM
zs_phil
Scooby Regular

whats it all about ,any good
im after a new game but dont know whether to wait for gow2 or buy fable 2 or deadspace
Old 01 November 2008, 03:17 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zs_phil
whats it all about ,any good
im after a new game but dont know whether to wait for gow2 or buy fable 2 or deadspace
Dead Space = Resdient Evil meets Event Horizon with sequels planned i finished the game in about 12 hours but not all the achievements.

GOW2 = same as first one basically

Fable 2 = Short but with plenty of side missions

Fallout 3 = ****ing awesome basically nuclear war destroys world you're born in Vault 101 but your Dad leaves and you go out to find why.
If you've played Oblivion or Morrowind it's basically the same if you haven't it's a 1st/3rd person shgotter with a lot of RPG elements thrown in (missions,increasing skills etc).
Combat system is as a fps but you get the option to zoom in on parts of the enemies bodies and shoot at them instead with graphic results and you get a mini nuke launcher

Last edited by myblackwrx; 01 November 2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01 November 2008, 07:05 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

this does look like a good game
Old 03 November 2008, 02:03 PM
Stefanie

Just got far cry 2 & Fable 2 but wondering whether to also get this and GOW2
Old 03 November 2008, 03:00 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stefanie
Just got far cry 2 & Fable 2 but wondering whether to also get this and GOW2
If you have plenty of time to play Fallout 3 then buy it (Bethsedas previous game Oblivion took me 100+ hours to complete everything side missions and main story).
I'm upto 12 hours and have only done 2 story missions the rest has been exploring and doing side missions.
Old 03 November 2008, 05:09 PM
Stefanie

i'm still doing oblivion....the green hud looks complicated, stopping fights to choose which body part to aim for. Is it like mass effect in that respect, menus etc?

will download all the vids to get a feel for it.

Last edited by Stefanie; 03 November 2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03 November 2008, 11:28 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stefanie
i'm still doing oblivion....the green hud looks complicated, stopping fights to choose which body part to aim for. Is it like mass effect in that respect, menus etc?

will download all the vids to get a feel for it.
Didn't play Mass Effect so cannot compare.

Combat is simple you can play it as a fps but with a tap of the right bumper brings you into the VATS mode where time is slowed and you can use Action Points to shot at different parts of the enemy which have various %ages of hit success (the higher the better obviously) it will also show you along the bottom the enemy health bar and the amount of damage you will do if every shot hits.
When it's finished you go back into whatever view you had and finished them off if you didn't kill them

Menu system is easy as it pauses the game B brings up the menus triggers control the tabs and the d pad controls the sub menus in thse tabs.
Old 04 November 2008, 07:46 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

I have to admit I wasnt too sure about this game, as I generally dont like any sort of fps played with a joypad. However a few hours in and its not bad at all.

The VATS system works great, and overall the game play is very good.

The only issue I have is that I never have enough ammo!
Old 04 November 2008, 08:26 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fitzscoob
The only issue I have is that I never have enough ammo!
I'm surprised i've got so much ammo i just don't know which gun to use
The only bugger was my sniper rifle broke and it seems if it breaks you drop it so can't get it repaired and i've not found another one
Old 04 November 2008, 08:41 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
I'm surprised i've got so much ammo i just don't know which gun to use
The only bugger was my sniper rifle broke and it seems if it breaks you drop it so can't get it repaired and i've not found another one
I'm still only new on the game, just got to Megaton, and been to Aefu to try and find the family etc. All my ammo has gone the fact I'm skint as well doesnt help so I can hardly buy any when I do find it!
Old 04 November 2008, 09:09 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

I'm still only new on the game, just got to Megaton, and been to Aefu to try and find the family etc. All my ammo has gone the fact I'm skint as well doesnt help so I can hardly buy any when I do find it!
That's what i love about these games as i've not even been to Aefu yet have done most of the Megaton missions

Go to the supply house in Megaton to get some missions where you have to explore ruins or speak to the guy who runs the water pump station as he will give you money for scrap metal.

If you can carry something carry it then when you're full goto the map and click on Megaton to fast track back there rather than physically walking there (can't do it there are enemies nearby though).

If you go to DC you have to be well armed/armoured and don't shoot the guys in armour (name comes up as Brotherhood of Steel) as they are sort of good guys.
Old 04 November 2008, 09:37 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

That's what i love about these games as i've not even been to Aefu yet have done most of the Megaton missions

Go to the supply house in Megaton to get some missions where you have to explore ruins or speak to the guy who runs the water pump station as he will give you money for scrap metal.

If you can carry something carry it then when you're full goto the map and click on Megaton to fast track back there rather than physically walking there (can't do it there are enemies nearby though).

If you go to DC you have to be well armed/armoured and don't shoot the guys in armour (name comes up as Brotherhood of Steel) as they are sort of good guys.

I will have a look at the Megaton missions later then, to head to Aefu was on behalf of a person in Megaton.

I'll have a look at the general stores missions. See if I can get some cash and ammo back!
Old 04 November 2008, 03:49 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I want to get Dead Space for my PS3 and Fallout for my PC.
Old 05 November 2008, 09:26 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Had a result last night, done some of the quests as mentioned in the supply store at Megaton, got some more weapons and ammo from the super duper mart, then grassed up the guy wanting to blow megaton up.

The sherrif got killed in the fight and I killed the other guy, got the Sherrifs machine gun and a silenced 10mm from Burke. Happy days....
Old 05 November 2008, 09:56 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Had a result last night, done some of the quests as mentioned in the supply store at Megaton, got some more weapons and ammo from the super duper mart, then grassed up the guy wanting to blow megaton up.

The sherrif got killed in the fight and I killed the other guy, got the Sherrifs machine gun and a silenced 10mm from Burke. Happy days....

Ah i didn't kill Burke but he did give me a warning about screwing him over.
Just to rub it in my list of weapons is
Hunting Rifle
Chinese Assault Rifle
Scoped 44 Magnum
Fatman mini nuke launcher
Normal missile launcher
Combat shotgun
10mm Pistol
.32 Pistol
Minigun
Laser Pistol
Laser Rifle
Pulse grenade
Pulse Mine
Frag Grenade
Frag Mine
Ripper
Rock-It Launcher (you need schematics and the right stuff to make it)
10mm machine gun

but the one i miss the most is the sniper rifle
Old 05 November 2008, 10:16 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Ah i didn't kill Burke but he did give me a warning about screwing him over.
Just to rub it in my list of weapons is
Hunting Rifle
Chinese Assault Rifle
Scoped 44 Magnum
Fatman mini nuke launcher
Normal missile launcher
Combat shotgun
10mm Pistol
.32 Pistol
Minigun
Laser Pistol
Laser Rifle
Pulse grenade
Pulse Mine
Frag Grenade
Frag Mine
Ripper
Rock-It Launcher (you need schematics and the right stuff to make it)
10mm machine gun

but the one i miss the most is the sniper rifle
Ahh I have the sniper rifle, but no bullets, 10mm and 10mm silenced pistol, laser pistol and Chinese assault rifle. Really getting into the game now.
Old 06 November 2008, 11:13 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

met the fire breathing ants last night........ammo back to 0!
Old 06 November 2008, 11:47 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

met the fire breathing ants last night........ammo back to 0!
Get a couple/group of them to chase you then shoot the antennae off one of them then watch them fight each other ,then pick off the weak ones after the battle .
There is a mission which involves meeting the Queen ant not fun.

Worse creatures in the general wasteland are Radscorpions because they are fecking quick and the Yuao Gin bear creatures who are tough as hell.
Old 06 November 2008, 12:17 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Get a couple/group of them to chase you then shoot the antennae off one of them then watch them fight each other ,then pick off the weak ones after the battle .
There is a mission which involves meeting the Queen ant not fun.

Worse creatures in the general wasteland are Radscorpions because they are fecking quick and the Yuao Gin bear creatures who are tough as hell.
Ah I killed all the queens guards and left the good doctor to it. Need to get some more ammo now.

Do you know if the raiders respawn at the super duper mart? Could go back, waste them and get more ammo.

The radscorpions have seriously hindered my ammo situation too, its not like you could sit there smacking them over the head with a baseball bat either.

I found an easy way to deal with the queens guards, if you havent done this already, before you agro an ant, lay a few frag mines, get ones attention then back away. After the mine goes off they are down to about 20% life, just finish them off to your hearts content.
Old 06 November 2008, 12:32 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

I found an easy way to deal with the queens guards, if you havent done this already, before you agro an ant, lay a few frag mines, get ones attention then back away. After the mine goes off they are down to about 20% life, just finish them off to your hearts content.
Exactly the way i do ,i use that on most monsters in the wasteland,plant a couple then run backwards in a straight line then watch them step on it then fly through the air.

Pretty sure the enemies do not respawn in locations you've already cleared but you can go back if you need money and pick up any old trash.

Always worth checking your Karma as well as the people in Megaton will start giving you freebies.
Old 06 November 2008, 12:41 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

I am supposed to check out rivet city next, or carry on with the 2nd chapter of quests.

Either way before I do its ammo time. I'll head back to the super duper mart and see whats there.

How are you getting on with lock picking? All I seem to do now is break the buggers. Was fine at first, now all I do is snap them off.
Old 06 November 2008, 01:01 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Rivet City is the quest to find the boy a new home but you do get quite a few more normal quests (gun store seems to be quite good though)there which are quite difficult because you meet super mutants in packs.

Try to explore the actual wasteland a bit more as there are plenty of ruined townships about with stuff you can sell.

Lock picking i don't have a problem with now basically you move the bobby pin and the harder it vibrates when moving the screwdriver the further it is in the incorrect postion so move it in the opposite direction (that may be complete bollock but works for me ) and possibly your lockpicking skill may affect it
Old 06 November 2008, 01:23 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Yeah need to find the boy a new home, should have just shot him instead I think. Left the ants to it.

If you are looking for a sniper rifle, have you done the land mine quest from megaton?

In one of the buildings is a guy with a sniper rifle, easy to take that off him.

Otherwise the other one I found was by patrolling the lake near Aefu, there is a wastelander with one there.
Old 06 November 2008, 02:10 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Done the land mine quest tha's where i got the rifle from but failed to notice the state of repair so used it then it broke after about 15 rounds

believe it or not still not found Aefu but i'm going up the western edge of the map trying to find every location i can then working my way around the edge of the map.

I'm at Oasis now doing an odd quest.
Old 06 November 2008, 02:14 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

Aefu is north of Megaton, speak to Lucy someone in megaton for a find the family quest.

Quick Reply: Fallout 3 is out