Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

ISO to USB stick ?

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2008, 03:58 PM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ISO to USB stick ?

With USB sticks becoming common place, does anyone know of a utility that will create a bootable USB stick from an .ISO ?

I've had a look around but can't seem to find anything. Thought someone would've created something by now.

I've created a bootable Linux USB stick and a bootable WinXP stick, but I'm looking for an app that can take any .ISO and do it itself ?
Old 23 August 2008, 08:36 AM
scoobz72
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have done this with many Linux & Windows installs and you are right, it dont happen automatically.
I think it has to be done manually due to the creation of your profile etc.
You can mount the saved ISO on the stick, which is done after you have burned the image to disc. Its long winded but it can only be done this way.
If you mount the default ISO, the profile wont save after you log off due to lack of .ini files and settings saved. This is why you have to create an image from the default with your personal settings and preferences.

Would be nice to find an app to do this from USB but as far as I know, it is not possible yet!

Watch this space