Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Dvd Ntsc Playback

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2008, 07:22 PM
richie001
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dvd Ntsc Playback

I know this isn't a computer problem but its something you guys would know about

I want to buy some dvds from america which are region 0 but will i need a NTSC compatible dvd player.I know my TV is NTSC compatible.Can i use my 360 if my dvd isn't compatible or my computer dvd player.

hope this post makes sense

Thanks
Old 09 August 2008, 07:38 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your DVD player will more than likely play them. They are universal machines covering all TV formats. Region Coding is just a spoiler attempt to protect movie studio marketing and nothing to do with the format of the media. Your DVD will output it either as true NTSC, or PAL converted partially to PAL 60 or fully to PAL 50, all of which your TV will cope with. If in doubt, buy one and see how you go and if all's well then buy the rest. Remember, if the value of the package exceeds £17 then the Post Office may withhold delivery until you pay any applicable import duty (10%), VAT (17.5% on top of the declared value + import duty) and their handling fee (£5-8) for this. It's often wise to make several small orders I've got dozens of US, Jap, Korean and other DVD's which all play perfectly well without any problems.