Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

BT internet....

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2008, 05:56 PM
borderlinechris
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down BT internet....

anyone else had probs with them?? home page was bt/yahoo before, now its some bt/fon crap that you must sign up to before you can use your internet.and they want you to buy vouchers for internet time 9 and by signing up you agree to other bt/fon users sharing your bandwidth(i dont bloody think so). gf has managed to f@@k about and get us online but for how long i dont know......
Old 01 June 2008, 06:26 PM
Simes777
Scooby Regular

Well, I'm on BT Internet and my home page is still BT Yahoo and works fine - sounds like an accidental "make this my homepage" click. Just change your homepage back to Yahoo.

BT FON is a wi-fi sharing idea - if you sign up, it enables you to use BT Openzone or "spare" broadband capacity from other people who sign up. It can be free depending on your BT Broadband package.

If you need / use internet access when you're out & about, then it may be worth signing up, if not, then don't bother.

Have a read about it at BT | FON

Cheers
Old 01 June 2008, 06:33 PM
Ian Cook
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Simes777
Well, I'm on BT Internet and my home page is still BT Yahoo and works fine - sounds like an accidental "make this my homepage" click. Just change your homepage back to Yahoo.

BT FON is a wi-fi sharing idea - if you sign up, it enables you to use BT Openzone or "spare" broadband capacity from other people who sign up. It can be free depending on your BT Broadband package.

If you need / use internet access when you're out & about, then it may be worth signing up, if not, then don't bother.

Have a read about it at BT | FON

Cheers
Yep thats 100% correct, BT Fon is an option not mandatory. It does sound like someone has clicked on a make this my homepage link.
Old 01 June 2008, 07:01 PM
borderlinechris
Scooby Regular

cheers guys, i will sort it out!!
Old 01 June 2008, 09:54 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

my home page has never changed lol