Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Counterstrike Files

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2002, 09:51 AM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

I've seen a few people post about the location of files needed for the CS games.

I've posted here some links for those files (mercilessly leeched from other sites )

As most people know, there are 2 versions of Counterstrike. The Mod version (as an add-on to Half Life) and the full Standalone Retail version.

To find out which version you have, click here.

Okay, once you know which version you have, we'll deal with them separately.

RETAIL VERSION
This does not need Half Life installed to function. Therefore, all you need to do is patch the game to the latest version in order to be able to play. The servers are running on version 1.3 at the time of writing, so assuming that you've only just installed the game from the CD, then you need the 1.0 - 1.3 patch. (78.6 megs)
Now, if you've already patched the retail version up to version 1.1, then you just need the 1.1 - 1.3 patch. (46.8 megs)
Finally, serveral essential files are missing. This final fix can be found here. (11.4 Kb)

Mod Version
This is the version you would install as a game "mod" which latches onto your normal Half Life game, and uses its engine to work.
Again, this version is up to 1.3. The full bare-mod install can be found here -->CS Full 1.3 install. (100 megs)
Again, if you had already patched to version 1.1, then click here to grab the 1.1 - 1.3 patch. (36.4 megs)

HALF LIFE
Also, your Half Life game engine will need to be updated to the latest version, which is 1108. (74.7 megs)
If you already were patched up to 1107, then click here for the 1107-1108 update. (12.4 megs)

OTHER FILES
CS Retail Weapon Name Fix
This file fixes the made-up names of the guns in the Retail version of CS. Download this here.

Hope that this helps some people. I know there's nothing worse than trying to find your way around patches in order to play a game that should have been right straight out of the box!

---------------------------------------

Regards

BuRR
-= Publicity website: http://www.e-clypse.co.uk =-
-= Main site: http://www.e-clypse.org =-

[Edited by BuRR - 1/30/2002 9:54:28 AM]
Old 30 January 2002, 11:07 AM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep this comes up about very month or so.

Hopefully when the old web-site gets going we can have a permanent version of the above info in an [STi] faq which can point to all patches and the maps on Locked.

Must be very frustrating to but a "retail" game out of the box and still have to download 70/80mb of patches

Personally whenever I install I still go 1.0 - 1.1 -1.3 so that You get some of the old maps (thunder etc.)

Deano