Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Army of Two

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2008, 10:11 AM
Ghetto Dude3
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Army of Two

Anybody playing this?

what do you think?

read all the big reviews, tried the demo and while it has a few flaws, i still liked it.

most of the reviews seemed to knock it for the storyline and how it makes the us army seam dumb, well we dont live in the US so thats fine by me, i also take great delight in shooting a suicide bomber in the chest to blow the bombs up, great fun

i actually think its a bit better then the reviews suggest, although i`m only on level 3 at the moment (out of 6, another short game!!??!)

i think its actually going to be one of them games that i will enjoy playing through again, just to try the extra weapons, they dont crop up much for me

not tried the multi-player yet as i have read about it being totally crap (plus somebody in a gears of war game confirmed it for me)

worth picking up a cheap copy if you can find one IMO
Old 10 April 2008, 11:20 AM
Tobisausage
Scooby Regular

Its utter crap. The game has been marketed in such a misleading way it is unbelievable. You watch the 'promo' videos and it comes across as being a intuative game that requires you to work together as a team to overcome the situations you are presented with. In reality the only time you ever need to work as an 'army of two' is when you need a bunk up a wall.

If you ignore the fact and I quote 'Co-Op is no longer a mode, it's the game. Players must undertake two man mission using two man strategies and tactics to ultimately create a two man advantage that no enemy can withstand.' it is a very very mediocre single player FPS. There are hints of Gears of war (which isnt a bad thing) but the AI is utterly rediculous and incredible frustrating. The camera angle changes and relative inaccuracy of weapons make you feel totally detatched from what is happening in game and what you think you are doing with the controller.

'Pimping' weapons may appeal to 7 year olds but this game has an 18 certificate so I can only assume the target audience is apes. This is further backed up with the storyline being really basic, killing 'racial stereotypes' and only being able to open doors if you push a 'Button' at the same time as your boyfriend.

If you play this game and think it is 'good' then there is something wrong with you or you have played about two games in your entire life.

The graphics are good, and the cut scenes are amazin though.

Not worth picking up a copy (unless it is £5) IMO

Last edited by Tobisausage; 10 April 2008 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10 April 2008, 11:46 AM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

I have it and have played it through a few times. Its not a bad game, single player is a bit lacking but coop makes up some of that. Online play is very good and the only reason i have kept it, But ea servers are a problem trying to get a game can take ages.
Old 10 April 2008, 12:31 PM
Ghetto Dude3
Scooby Regular

i quite liked telling the other chap to stay put and put down some covering fire, so i can sneak around the back of somebody and kill them.

not sure how you would do these parts without the ai player?

i have seen a few flaws in the enemy AI including one running beside me to take cover and shoot, only he was on the wrong side of cover

pimping weapons, not sure who would go for blinging them up either but i quite like spending a bit of cash on upgrading a barrel or mag clip so the gun preforms better/lasts longer between reloads.

the melee attacks, i cant master these at all, might have to read the instructions to work out if i should be pressing a different button or something (never read instruction manuals)
Old 10 April 2008, 12:38 PM
Tobisausage
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ghetto Dude3

not sure how you would do these parts without the ai player?

You throw a grenade at them, then when on the floor shoot them in the buttocks. The rest of their bodies are covered in Imprenetrable clothing. I must get one of those plastic visors for when I am strimming the edge of the lawn, this new 'plastic' is able to stop point blank gun fire from a diamond encrusted mini gun.
Old 10 April 2008, 01:41 PM
wah
Scooby Regular

Location: Stockport Cheshire Xbox Gamertag: Scooby WRX SMACS Member

I have it played upto mission 5, and thinking of trading it in for Darksector, I was looking forward to Army of 2 however it's let me down in a big way
Old 10 April 2008, 05:05 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

i think its the worst game i played on the 360 to date.glad i hired it out before buying it. gutted as i hope it would live up to the hype
Old 10 April 2008, 06:48 PM
Mr.Manchester
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bootsy
i think its the worst game i played on the 360 to date.
Nah, That award goes to Stranglehold and the runner up is Halo 3!
Old 10 April 2008, 09:38 PM
Ghetto Dude3
Scooby Regular

never really liked halo 3

for some reason i got stuck near the end, found cortana after redoing the level countless times, then made my way out, saved and quit, then came back a few days later, couldn't be arsed so switched it off, 2 months later i came back and i was back at the beginning of that fooken level again, so i traded it in, waste of £40 IMO

stranglehold i only paid £20 so it was OK, nothing amazing, but playable enough, apart from the constant jumping about needed to get the slowmotion thing, wouldn't be happy to pay full rrp for it

have to say, up to level 4 now in AO2 (i think? the aircraft carrier one?) just found the captain, and still enjoying the game, no idea why, maybe its just filling the gap until GOW2 comes out

partner AI is generally behaving himself, mostly leave him in aggressive mode and every now and again will tell him to hold his position and lay down some covering fire so i can sneak around behind somebody.

i keep reading all these reviews saying the game is crap, and i cant work out why i like it