Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

iPod Artwork

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2008, 12:39 PM
COLZO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default iPod Artwork

Why are some of my Album Artwork different to the actual artwork that it should be? Is it maybe the US artwork? If so is there any way of changing it? Also why can`t you get some artwork when you import a folder from your own collection but if you buy the same album/song from iTunes then you get the artwork OK?
Old 22 February 2008, 02:01 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant remember how as I dont have ITunes installed at the mo but you can find the correct album cover from virgin / play etc and just cut & paste / drap N drop to bottom left corner in ITunes (when song is highlighted).

Simon
Old 22 February 2008, 03:11 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

iTunes does have an option to get artwork, but you need to have an iTunes account, or sign up for one if you don't have one and you don't need to actually buy anything to use the "get artwork" feature. This option will scan through all your music and try to find artwork for it. It will alert you if it could not find any artwork.

You might want to try using this feature to grab artwork. If it does not find any, or you want different artwork, then as Simon said, pop over to somewhere like Amazon and view the CD artwork, the simply copy and paste it into iTunes.
Old 22 February 2008, 03:52 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

In my experience the artwork appears to work a little erratically. I do like some esoteric music that it can't find, but if I drag and drop the artwork most of the time it appears in Itunes but not on the Ipod.

Steve
Old 22 February 2008, 04:06 PM
FX02
Scooby Regular

You probably know this already, but... If you right click on a song in itunes you can then select 'get info' and paste any artwork into the blank square on the artwork tab.
Old 22 February 2008, 05:39 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Discogs has artwork for lots of obscure albums and singles.
Old 22 February 2008, 09:14 PM
COLZO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheers for the replies guys. I know you need a iTunes account to get 'official' artwork and I used to do the 'cut & paste/drag' way of getting the artwork. I now have a Nano Video and when you cut & paste, the artwork is blurry on 'cover flow'. I had no probs with my old Nano doing it this way. When I go through the 'official' way I seem to get different artwork (i.e. not the UK cover) on some albums. I`ve tried changing the the album name by adding (UK) to it and this sometimes works. Any other suggestions?