Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

COD4 360 help - I'm stuck

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2008, 02:49 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question COD4 360 help - I'm stuck

Playing it on the second hardest level (great game BTW) and stuck at the part where you and your SAS captain are snipers in gillet suits. Got to the big wheel and awaiting hele evac. Got through the 50 second or so wait for the chopper killing bad guys, but keep getting shot trying to get my wounded captain in the chopper, time and time again.

Any ideas ?

Neil
Old 10 January 2008, 02:55 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

I hid around the back of the wheel, and planted claymores all over the steps as thats where they'll head for to get to you.

McMillan can look after himself if he's on his own. If your helicopter is sat waiting for you, you should be OK, friendly forces should guard the chopper and let you get to it.
Old 10 January 2008, 04:10 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Sit on the back grassy mound, use sniper and pick of enemies incoming left (behind metal building) Infront (through the gap in the two buildings) and helicoptors - three of them on the front side of the park (claymores should sort them)
Good luck.
Old 10 January 2008, 04:21 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Playing this on veteran was a bitch, i positioned myself behind the ferris wheel to the right of McMil. Planted some claymore in the grass between the 2 tower blocks and some by the gaps in the fence, then some claymores around the steps to the ferris as this is where they sneak up on you. You can also plant c4 in various places and detonate it later by switching to c4 and pressing the trigger.

As they start to come, snipe them between the 2 tower blocks, hopefully you can last long enough for the first check point, when the helicopters came with reinf I headed to the back of the dodgem cars and crouched behind there, picking the guys off as they got near, took me quite a few replays but finally got it, theres a count down on your compass as to how far away your chopper is, however when it arrives you have to go fetch your buddy, becareful as you can still get shot and will have to start over.

You have a limited time to reach the chopper, so you can hang on a bit and hopefully the troops that surround your evac heli should pick off most enemy.

All I need to do now is Mile High

Edited to say, there's some intel to get after the helicopter reinf arrive. Head towards the tower block on the right hand side and a door opens, intel is inside, however i'd advise against doing this on veteran

Last edited by bob269; 10 January 2008 at 04:29 PM.
Old 10 January 2008, 04:27 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

planted all my claymores by the cars and most exploded wiping out bad guys in the struggle to get to this point. Any now just overrun with troops wiping me out in the run for the copter. If I spend more time picking off the bad guys before running for the copter I run out of time and it takes off.

What level of difficulty are you all playing on? Beginning to think 2nd hardest was a bad decision

Neil
Old 10 January 2008, 04:31 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

I Started on Regular to get a feel for the game, just finished it (almost) on veteran.

I think starting on too hard a level can sometimes take some of the fun out of a game as you get frustrated.
Old 10 January 2008, 05:09 PM
RoadrunnerV2
Scooby Regular

On hard setting. I camped around within the bumper cars as I found the cars gave me good cover and I had the ability to move quickly if a grenade was thrown at me while using a combination of sniper and automatic.

The time when I used the claymores (which were scattered around the cars in front of the ferris wheel) was just before I picked up the captain to run to the copper.

Trending Topics

Old 10 January 2008, 05:27 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Did it on veteran, struggled like hell, like most i hid round the back of the dodgems behind a tree, crouched down, you can pick them all off, when the chopper arrives make sure none have got through your net and are hiding in the grass behind the ferris wheel, ran to hime picked him up and made a b-line for the chopper.

I did it first time so as to tactics of getting to the chopper alive i can't advise, but the troops from the chopper should protect you.

And sorry to disappoint but the last level is also up there with being a real ****, don't even get me started on the Mile high level, thats just mental, have a look on Youtube and do a search for that level, the speed they do it is just unreal and luck!!!!
Old 10 January 2008, 06:12 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

hmm how do you change the difficulty?

playing through for the first time and didn't realise you could change it

think i`m at the missile silo base and the alarms have just started going off (must be near the end?)
Old 10 January 2008, 06:25 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

I actually went all the way over the other side, right in the corner next to a building, furthest from Mac, near the hole in the wall by the pool.

Firstly, Sniping the guys as they fall from the chopper then the one by the cars and the one by the dodgems.

I then run towards the pool where I came from, I stuck claymores in the gaps in the fence and then headed right another couple by the opening by the building on the right. (there is some intel behind that door!)
Then run toward the pool but went right into the corner in the long grass.

You are then looking across the map at Mac, when they all pile out the building on your now left you pick them off with a sniper, most will run to Mac, some will look for you.
I just sat there until late on then made a run round the right side, through the gap, headed for the car on the right, got Mac and then legged it to the chopper, did this on veteran (or whatever the hardest is) this way, took a while though before doing it this way.
Old 10 January 2008, 06:27 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

When in the corridors downstairs, you have to reach certain points within a certain time or you dont hit the checkpoints.

On vet I think you need to be down the stairs with 7 mins to go or something, there is another checkpoint after clearing the storage area where all the boxes are and another after going through the bit where you go down tunnels either left or right... This was hard, if you dont get to a CP at the bottom of the stairs you might as well give up, you wont do it...
Old 10 January 2008, 06:29 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

I did the mile high on vet but my god its hard, i can now do it quite easily but you have to follow the movie on youtube, i dont know if id of ever done it with out that....
Old 10 January 2008, 06:49 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NeilT
planted all my claymores by the cars and most exploded wiping out bad guys in the struggle to get to this point. Any now just overrun with troops wiping me out in the run for the copter. If I spend more time picking off the bad guys before running for the copter I run out of time and it takes off.

What level of difficulty are you all playing on? Beginning to think 2nd hardest was a bad decision

Neil
1st time on regular, 2nd on Veteran then on recruit to get that last bit of intel...
Old 10 January 2008, 09:20 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

I just lay down in one of the metal huts. The grenades don't kill you, then I made a mad dash.

I didn't kill a single man on that part of the level and that was on veteran
Old 10 January 2008, 11:08 PM
G00ner
Scooby Regular

Location: Poole - in an Isuzu D-Max LE (Prodrive Version) Gamer Tag "Coin Slot"

Originally Posted by RichB
I did the mile high on vet but my god its hard, i can now do it quite easily but you have to follow the movie on youtube, i dont know if id of ever done it with out that....
Something not quite right with the AI on this level.

I completed Veteran fairly easily, without looking up any cheat sites or asking for help, but there's no way I can get past Mile High on Vet.

So eventually I watched a few vids on Youtube and the AI of my team is nothing like the AI of the team in the video.

My team hardly ever shoot at the terrorists, they never keep up with me and basically it's just me on my own and I can't quite get to the end without running out of time or getting a bullet in my back.

I might try and do the last level again, it might change the way the AI works on the final level.
Old 11 January 2008, 12:20 AM
bob269
Scooby Regular

I've just got to the hostage on mile high vet, and shot him in the head, doh

I don't think it's as hard as it initially seems, just keep playing the same way and hopefully the timing will be right
Old 11 January 2008, 08:41 AM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

woohoo finally got myself and the captain to the chopper last night after hours of trying. Ended up hiding behind a tree next to the dodgems and picking them off one by one then making a mad dash for it.

Next level was failry straightforward, now onto the missile silo. Looks like another tough one.

Great game, one of the best to date so far

Neil
Old 11 January 2008, 08:53 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Fighting in the war room is the next level isn't it?

If so it will **** you off a treat (if you play it on veteran) as it's close combat and has a time limit.

Just remember to push forward to stop the enemies relentless spawning.
Old 11 January 2008, 10:17 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by myblackwrx
Fighting in the war room is the next level isn't it?

If so it will **** you off a treat (if you play it on veteran) as it's close combat and has a time limit.

Just remember to push forward to stop the enemies relentless spawning.
Mile High aside, No Fighting In The War Room is the hardest level in the game - Timer on Veteran gives you 9 mins - and just to make things worse, if you dont reach the checkpoints quick enough they dont activate...
Old 11 January 2008, 11:18 AM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I tend to play online now ive completed it, AI is good for a few hours.
Old 12 January 2008, 02:27 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

just finished it, watching the end credits, sprawled on the sofa, all of a sudden in n a bloody plane and it seams i can control the game

wait, some ******* are shooting at me,

was not expecting this little extra level, is it part of the story? or an extra level they wrote out the script?

gfx looked well sketchy on the bonus one(less detail?) , so i`m confused
Old 12 January 2008, 02:42 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
just finished it, watching the end credits, sprawled on the sofa, all of a sudden in n a bloody plane and it seams i can control the game

wait, some ******* are shooting at me,

was not expecting this little extra level, is it part of the story? or an extra level they wrote out the script?

gfx looked well sketchy on the bonus one(less detail?) , so i`m confused
surprised the hell out of me i just think they put it in to get the 1000 score (good idea imo)
Old 12 January 2008, 04:54 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

would love to know the background story about it to be honest, might have been an early test build or something?
Old 12 January 2008, 06:26 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

do you need to complete on vet to get mile high ?

I finished it on hardened after giving up with vet when stuck on no fighting in the war room level.
Old 12 January 2008, 06:36 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5-Black
do you need to complete on vet to get mile high ?

I finished it on hardened after giving up with vet when stuck on no fighting in the war room level.
to get the 20 gamerscore ,yes