Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

4oD and Sony Phone PC Tools

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2007, 11:28 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4oD and Sony Phone PC Tools

I have recently had a myriad of problems on my XP MC machine. Odd restarts, failed restarts or it simply turns itself off. It also has had lots of error/abends recently.

This morning I came down to a black screen...

The system cannot be restored from its current location. Select

Delete restoration data to restart
Attempt system restart

I tried the latter to no avail and had to do the former. I also get an error everytime on start-up CAPI_Worker module failed. Apparently this is a common problem, especially on VISTA. It is caused by the Sony Phone PC Tools (used for synching Walkman phones).

I have removed and so I thought everything would be OK.

It was for a while then it turned itself off. I then rebooted and got an abend in the Delivery Manager Service. This was caused by 4oD being offline and so it caused my PC to close down!

I have now removed that and it is running tickety boo - fast, no shut downs and no errors.

Shared just in case anyone else is experiencing problems. Apparently Sony need to produce a solution for CAPI_Worker and 4oD needs to go to GA not just Beta!

If anyone has solutions that would be great too.

Rannoch