Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Recommend me Headset with Mic for Online Gaming?

Search this Thread

Old 14 November 2007, 08:54 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommend me Headset with Mic for Online Gaming?

Im currently using a nice pair of Sennheiser earphones (from my Hifi not specific ones for gaming) from my CS days which have great sound quality and block out background noise.

However after playing tBF2142 the other day with a guy using the ingame VoIP to great effect (he literally organised the whole team and we absolutely kicked ***) I now realise the importance of using VoIP.

So which headsets do you guys use and would recommend me that a) Has a good sound quality and b) has a good clear mic for BF2142?

Im tempted to stick with Sennheiser but unsure what the USB models offer over the standard ones other than the ability to carry your sound settings around which doesnt sound worth the money to me.

Cheers,
Simon
Old 14 November 2007, 09:16 AM
JDM Steve
Scooby Regular

Sennheiser are very good for there headsets although quite expensive... i currently use a logitech one for my games on pc which is fine when using teamspeak but apparently there are some decent usb ones around that logitech / creative / plantronics all do prices vary but the ones that have stood out are plantronics and sennheiser as they are better made plus usb
Old 14 November 2007, 09:29 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Am I missing something about the USB? As far as I can see it just means no need for a dedicated sound card which lets fact it how many PC's these days dont have one - even integrated sound on your Mobo (as I use) is very high quality. The advantage to me doesnt outway the £15 extra they seem to charge for this.

Im just a bit wary that the sound will be lower quality than my £80 hifi headphones but thats to be expected I guess. Hopefully the advantage of a mic and ingame comms will outweigh that.

Simon
Old 14 November 2007, 10:36 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Hmm I get the USB now. You can use it as standalone just for the VoIP side of things and leave your speakers for the game sounds. Not sure if that works with all games but think I will go that route.

Cheers,
Simon
Old 14 November 2007, 04:43 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

I go through a head set every few months, always end up with a loose connection & loosing sound in 1 ear.

Currently im using a set of ice mat siberias which i cant find fault with. Very comftorble, its like a velvet material on the headband and ear muffs. Sound quality is amazing from both the mic & earphones. The build quality is also allot higher than other headsets i have tried.
http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/897857...e/Product.html

also if you dont have a very good sound card they do a USB soundcard.
http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/333581...e/Product.html

Depending how much your budget is i would also have a look at these
http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/334838.../Product.html#

Couple of lads in my old CS clan have them and they say they cant be beaten.

Last edited by ScoobyDriverWannabe; 14 November 2007 at 04:52 PM. Reason: e