Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Reasonably cheap hosting company

Search this Thread

Old 13 November 2007, 05:57 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reasonably cheap hosting company

Can anyone recommend a reasonably chaep hosting company. I currently use Streamline.net but the support ticket trail below sums up my frustration(read from bottom up). I currently have unlimited space for £34 pa. If i was to migrate what would happen to emails sent at point of switch over?

-------------------------
Hi,

Thank you for your query

This was actioned by the engineers as you were unable to access,

Kind Regards,
StreamlineNet
----------------------------
Yes I know this. What I would like to know is why this keeps happening and what can you do to stop it happening in the future?
-----------------------------
Hi ,

Thank you for your query

This has been reset as per previous reply, this will need to be configured via the domain cp,

Kind Regards,
StreamlineNet
-----------------------------------
From time to time YOU send me an email stating that due to capacity issues(or similar) my site has been migrated to a new server. YOU then supply a new ip address of the hosting server.

Following this type of change, my secure url is removed.
------------------------------------
Hi ,

Thank you for your query

We are unsure what you mean? Please be specific, what changes are you referring to?

Kind Regards,
StreamlineNet
--------------------------------
Generally, it follows an email to say that my domain has been moved to a new server.

-------------------------------
Hi,

Thank you for your query

What changes are you referring to?

Kind Regards,
StreamlineNet
---------------------------------
No. I'm not still having the issue as I had already fixed it. the problem is every time you make a change it loses the url security. I then have to go and reset it which may be a number of days after the change has been made. in the meantime my supposed secure domain is not.
----------------------------------
Hi,

Thank you for your query

We have recieved the followng response:

"I have reset the URL security on the domain worsy.co.uk."

Are you still having this issue.

Kind Regards,
StreamlineNet
-----------------------------------------
Any update please?

-----------------------------------------
Hi,

Thank you for your query

This issue has now been escalated to a senior engineer. We hope to have the issue resolved within 24 to 48 hours.

If this issue has not been resolved after this period, please update this ticket to let us know.

Kind Regards,
StreamlineNet
------------------------------------------
Hello

You recently emailed me to let me know my domain had been moved onto a new hosting box. Over the period I have used you this has happened on several occasions. On each of those occasions my url for Password Protection has not been migrated.

I use the hosting for storing personal photos of my family, hence I would like them secure and private.

Can you tell me why the password protection is removed and steps in place to prevent that happening in the future?
Old 14 November 2007, 09:01 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

anyone?
Old 14 November 2007, 09:56 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Well I have some domains with 1&1 Internet Ltd. which whilst they make everything fairly easy as soon as you want help they are difficult to get hold of. Additionally as soon as you want databases it starts getting pretty expensive.

I am in the process of moving stuff to Web Hosting UK - Windows ASP PHP MySQL Linux cPanel hosting Service. Why? Well for £15 a month I can have unlimited domains, unlimited sql server (express) DBs or mysql DBs, ASP and .Net (1.1 and 2.0) support, full control via plesk and 24 hour support, I even have one of their guys on msn so I can get instant help!

Gary
Old 14 November 2007, 03:43 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

With the price of the $ did you not consider a US company?
Old 14 November 2007, 03:48 PM
RichB
Scooby Regular

Web Host Directory: The best free source of web hosting services in a searchable web host directory. Powerful web host search engines, reviewed web hosts, awards, news and much more!

Or look at Titan, plenty of people on here seem to rate them. I can't comment, I run my own server with one of the Pipex family.
Old 14 November 2007, 05:19 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Anyone know these

No Limits UK Web Hosting For Only £19.99 Including Free .co.uk - UK Domain Name For Only £5.74 - Fast Hosting Direct - Cutting Edge