Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Video of GT5 in-car view.

Search this Thread

Old 22 August 2007, 04:04 PM
Normski
Scooby Regular

Location: Stirlingshire; Wrx type RA STi version 2 V-Limited; #097/555
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Video of GT5 in-car view.

Check this out.

YouTube - First Gran Turismo 5 Prologue In-Car Video
Old 22 August 2007, 04:32 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

The problem with Youtube is that the quality of the video is so poor I'm not sure whether to be impressed with that or not!

Steve
Old 22 August 2007, 04:38 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Doesn't look took bad at all, not blown away though. The handling looks as arcadey as ever though, and you still seem to bounce off the walls and other cars with little or no effect on your own car. Bumper car racing again...
Old 22 August 2007, 04:54 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Wot no damage?

Agree about the YouTube quality not being the best, hopefully there will be an HD version on Gametrailers at some point. It might be me but I don't think that chappy can drive to well
Old 22 August 2007, 05:33 PM
Barmyclown
Scooby Regular

Lack of damage isn`t new news, this is only the prologue version due out just before xmas. The full version of GT5 won`t be available until 2008 but most likely 2009. they do seem to have gone back, on there views on damage. In an interview in 2006, they said the last manufacturer had given permission to allow damage for their cars. But now they say that they cannot do damage because all the manufacturers will not allow their cars to be damaged. And hopefully we will get some of the more interesting european cars this time around RS500 anyone, and less skylines.

Jase.
Old 22 August 2007, 05:53 PM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

Can't say I'm impressed - doesn't really add much to the experience. Looks like the same old Gran Turismo, albeit with more cars and more detailed graphics.
Old 22 August 2007, 05:56 PM
wrxjay03
Scooby Regular

In car view looks good but outside looks just like forza
Old 22 August 2007, 06:33 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

When it comes to damage, and maybe I'm wrong here, but the car list in Forza/Forza 2 and GT do share some similarities, so it seems odd that the manufacturer would allow one game to allow their cars to be damaged and yet not allow it in another game.

Does anyone know what manufactures don't like their cars to be damaged? Lamborghini perhaps, as I know they don't feature in Forza, but others such as Porsche, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Bentley do feature and can be smashed about quite happily (Always fun racing against yanks in an Aston - yes I know it is/was owned by Ford so isn't really british, but how many septics would know that - and steaming into them saying "out of my way plebs!")
Old 22 August 2007, 06:43 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Does anyone know what manufactures don't like their cars to be damaged? Lamborghini perhaps, as I know they don't feature in Forza
Actually yes they do. I was racing with one last night
Old 22 August 2007, 07:55 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iain Young
Actually yes they do. I was racing with one last night
I'm going to assume you mean in Forza 2 as I've just looked at the Italian section on Forza 1 and I've only got Ferrari, Fiat and Pagani listed there.

My guess would be Forza 2 has most of the premium car manufacturers, who don't have a problem with damage, so who is complaining about it then. The idea behind GT, or so I thought, was to provide a non-arcade driving experience, and a lack of damage would detract from that. The physics can be spot on, but what's the point if you just bounce off other cars without leaving even a pin dent.

As for manufacturers saying "Oh, we don't want our cars to appear damaged in a game", what about in the real world, are you going to stop people from posting pictures of a crashed car then, or stop people from seeing crashed cars? I think seeing a car smashed up in the real world is going to affect the image of a car more than in a blooming game.