Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Xbox 360 -- FPS?

Search this Thread

Old 12 August 2007, 11:31 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xbox 360 -- FPS?

Hello

Can anyone recommend a first person shooter for the Xbox?

Let me put some criteria though: I'm old, and don't really have time for complicated controls, indepth stories.

I really like Unreal Tournament and Postal 2 on the PC, so something similiar..

Thanks.

Steve
Old 12 August 2007, 11:41 AM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Although not strictly first player (i think its called third person) Gears of War is the best shooter type game on the 360 easy to put up and put down. I bought a 360 with 5 games (including gears) about 9 months ago. I have only ever played Gears and I couldnt even tell you what the other 4 games are!!! Multiplayer can be good for a 30 minute round and i have only played the actual 1 player game for about 30 mins as I like multiplayer so much.
Old 12 August 2007, 11:52 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call of Duty 2 ,Rainbow 6.
Old 12 August 2007, 12:13 PM
fmp
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Rainbow 6 Vegas.
Old 12 August 2007, 12:46 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

GRAW or GRAW2 all day long!
Old 12 August 2007, 01:30 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

gears can have some complicated controls, with all the bouncing off cover and active reloads etc etc

i know my G/F cant play it at all, call of duty 2 is nice and easy on the controls and its a cracking game.
Old 13 August 2007, 10:04 AM
ESH
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
Hello

Can anyone recommend a first person shooter for the Xbox?

Let me put some criteria though: I'm old, and don't really have time for complicated controls, indepth stories.

I really like Unreal Tournament and Postal 2 on the PC, so something similiar..

Thanks.

Steve
If its offline, games like Far Cry, COD 2 and Gears of War are very good. As with controls you will get used to them and they do prove intuitive.

If you want online carnage I'd strongly recommend Call of Duty 3. Utterly brilliant online! I've not even botherd with the others online yet since Christmas. From the games you listed above Rainbow is too serious and i didn't take to it much. But each to their own.

Regards
Old 13 August 2007, 01:39 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Far Cry - love it, managed to get te 1000G from it over the weekend so I'm selling it now if thst any use to you (£12).

Much longer game than Gears, not as complicated control-wise and a half decent storyline - not sure why but FPS's ported from the PC seem much bigger than those which first appeared on the consoles (like Far Cry & Quake 4)

Call Of Duty 2 another good suggestion, but infuriating on Veteran (personally, I wouldn't touch No. 3 with a barge pole)
Old 13 August 2007, 02:55 PM
ESH
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by messiah

Call Of Duty 2 another good suggestion, but infuriating on Veteran (personally, I wouldn't touch No. 3 with a barge pole)
No.3 does not have the greatest 1 player game but it is good. I played No.3 first and have only just played/completed No.2 recently. It really excells online. If you've not already tried it you should. IMHO BTW
Old 13 August 2007, 03:26 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

Played both and just prefer No. 2 - I liked how the scenery changed, snow, desert, town. - No.3 could have been the same level over and over. At least with 3 they had a good stab at the online stuff, but I found it a pain to get online with (ranked) and I think its main downfall was coming out a week before Gears and 2 weeks before R6V.

No 4 is looking amazing, I really hope its got some co-op stuff as it'll certainly put a rocket up GRAW's a***.
Old 13 August 2007, 03:46 PM
ESH
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by messiah

No 4 is looking amazing, I really hope its got some co-op stuff as it'll certainly put a rocket up GRAW's a***.
This will most definitely be the 2nd game I pre-order. The first being Brain Training 2 for the GFs mum.

I'm really looking forward to No.4. No.2 was miles better than 3 on the single campaign. Online I've not played a ranked match as I've not got alot of time on my hands for LIVE. Once every few weeks but when I do.....LOVE IT

Last edited by ESH; 13 August 2007 at 03:47 PM. Reason: duh