Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Counterstrike-help needed getting started!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2002, 07:36 PM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Right then, I've finally got hold of Half Life Generation, so what I now need, is help to get playing etc. I've looked at different posts saying stuff like patches etc what do I need to do
Please reply in laymans terms as some of you are aware I'm a bit of a thicky when it comes to computers
If you need any info on what pc/soundcard/graphics etc I have let me know, and perhaps where to find it
Hope someone can help(BK)

CRAFT

ps, how do I change the display on my monitor, ie. make it fill the screen more, at the mo the display isn't displaying all the page, have to scroll across on some posts(14" monitor/10"screen)
TBH, screwed up the pc about 8months ago, pulled plug without shutting down, got it sorted with the help of some very very nice(patient) peeps, but never sorted the display properly although it was right before I dropped a clanger! Any help would be appreciated

CRAFT
Old 04 January 2002, 07:00 AM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Talking

errrrmmmm.....
With Half Life generation you get both sierra CS and
sierra HL, also another game called opposing force.
So is HL different to CS, game wise, had a brief sticky beak at the
game, HL, looks ok but are you able to play CS without being online
etc

CRAFT
Old 04 January 2002, 08:19 AM
Steve Perriam
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

hi craft

you will certainly need to upgrade HL to the latest patch version.

try here for the necessary files to patch HL and your CS Retail to the latest versions.....

http://www.barrysworld.com/games/cou...#Files&Patches

also you will need the Retila Fix file at the bottom of the file list.

once these are all up and running you should be ok.
Old 04 January 2002, 09:23 AM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

Cool

Craft,
CS is a MOD based on the HL engline, Sierra released CS as a standalone game to allow people to install it easier.

You can play CS offline, but you will have to create a Lan game and either play with no one or install an add-on bots package which will give you the computer players. Great for practising but gets boring as they become predictable.

A word of warning, since you haven't updated the game yet, be sure to give yourself plenty of time to download the patches. They are big. Unless you have broadband that is.

H
Old 04 January 2002, 12:06 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Cool

Steve, the retail version is stand alone. You don't need HL patches for the retail (which CRAFT has), just the upgrade to full retail 1.3.

For the CS from the Generations box (which I and Norman D Landing have) just install it. You get a facility to do some training, but the rest of the game has to be played online. Half life is a completely seperate game which you generally play stand alone, but can play online, forget about it for now.

Download (or I can send you a CD with it on ) the full retail upgrade to CS 1.3. Install it. Then make sure you are "online" by going on to your browser, close the browser but don't disconnect from the phone. Fire up CS and then pick play CS and NET games. In there you get the chance to "add new server" do that and type in the IP address of the Rogue locked server, which somebody will tell you ( or I'll go look it up).

You will then be on your way to divorce papers and sleepless nights. Good luck. Oh and Happy New year!
Old 04 January 2002, 10:20 PM
CRAFT
Scooby Regular

Talking

Barry, defo up for using the disc you have, just checked out how long to download, 8hrs!!!! I'll come over if you want, as your only a stones throw away

Drop us a line @ medorcheese@btinternet.com

CRAFT
Old 01 March 2002, 10:42 PM
orbv
Scooby Regular

What version of CS are you running, retail or mod?

Retails Version (\Sierra\Counter-Strike)
Upgrade CS to 1.3
ftp://ftp.barrysworld.com/pub/games/halflife/mods/counterstrike/official_patches/win32/retail/

Mod Version (\Sierra\Half-Life)
Upgrade HL to 1008 and CS to 1.3
ftp://ftp.barrysworld.com/pub/games/halflife/mods/counterstrike/official_patches/win32/
and
ftp://ftp.barrysworld.com/pub/games/halflife/official_patches/client/win32/

[Edited by orbv - 1/3/2002 10:44:16 PM]