Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Nokia PC suite

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2007, 03:38 PM
fbladerrv900
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nokia PC suite

How can i transfer the pictures that i have taken from my Nokia n73 that are in the Nokia PC suite on my PC.

I have the pictures in the PC ready, but when i browse with photobucket.com, it says that its not finding the pictures/
Have tried to send them to my Windows pictures but that says they same .
something about the wrong format.

Can any one help.
bear in mind i NO whizz on the computer.
thanks
Old 05 August 2007, 11:12 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Sounds like you have created shortcuts from the pictures from your phone, and not actually copied the pictures off the phone onto your PC.
When you connect the phone up, then browse for the phone in 'My Computer'. Will show something on the lines of Nokia N73. Double click this new drive and work your way through to where the pictures are put. I.E Phone Memory -> Pictures. or External Memory -> Pictures. The pictures will probably be named 'Image000' and so on. Either drag your mouse pointer around the Images and right click and select copy. Then go to where you want to put them. I.E My Documents -> Pictures. When in there right click and select paste.
Old 06 August 2007, 09:29 AM
fbladerrv900
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jpor
Sounds like you have created shortcuts from the pictures from your phone, and not actually copied the pictures off the phone onto your PC.
When you connect the phone up, then browse for the phone in 'My Computer'. Will show something on the lines of Nokia N73. Double click this new drive and work your way through to where the pictures are put. I.E Phone Memory -> Pictures. or External Memory -> Pictures. The pictures will probably be named 'Image000' and so on. Either drag your mouse pointer around the Images and right click and select copy. Then go to where you want to put them. I.E My Documents -> Pictures. When in there right click and select paste.
Thanks but the pictures are on the p.c already, that was no problem.
Im trying to place the pictures from the pc onto photobucket.
this is where the photobucket comes back with the problem of not locateing the files or downloading them.
Old 06 August 2007, 10:01 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

You need to upload the pictures to Photobucket first. Log into your account and there should be an option to upload pictures. Browse to the folder where you copied your pictures (I think its My Pictures by default) and select which ones you want on Photobucket.
Old 06 August 2007, 06:13 PM
fbladerrv900
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
You need to upload the pictures to Photobucket first. Log into your account and there should be an option to upload pictures. Browse to the folder where you copied your pictures (I think its My Pictures by default) and select which ones you want on Photobucket.
Thanks
ive tried this and it works with my(windows) pictures, but not on the nokia p.c suite, which is where the photos are.
any more ideas
Old 07 August 2007, 12:13 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Use the 'File Manager' option in PC Suite. If your phone stores the photos on the phone memory, then click on Phone Memory, then click on Data, then click on Images. In this folder will be other folders which contain your pics, theyre dated and called stuff like 200707 for pics taken in July. Select the photos you want by highlighting them (or to select them all, just highlight one and then press the CTRL key and 'a') Then right-click with your mouse and select 'copy' from the little menu that appears.
Click your Start Menu and open up your My Documents folder, then open your My Pictures folder. Right-click anywhere in this window and select 'paste' from the menu that appears.
You should now have transferred pics from your phone into your My Pictures folder on your PC and so will be able to upload them to Photobucket as described above.