Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Hot sync programme not working ??

Search this Thread

Old 05 July 2007, 10:09 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hot sync programme not working ??

Trying to help dad out with a problem he is having with the Hot Sync programme for his his Palm zire 72s PDA, has been sucusfully using the hot sync software for a few years now but upon trying to use it the other night he found that the programme starts for around 5 to 10 seconds and then Hangs " stops on syncronising media "

couple off things, had a play about with it myself tonight to see if I could establish what the problem was, unfortunatly could not cure the problem but what I did notice is that I was geting the message " com 1 not available at present " hot sync manager unable to initialize TCP /IP connection socket.

he has deleted the hot sync software and then installed it again but same thing happens every time.

within the set up manager off the hot sync software there is only a choice off selecting com 3 or com 5 so not sure where this com 1 unavailble comes in ??!!

the only thing he has done since he last used this programme was to install a Belkin adsl wireless router, could this be the problem in any way ?? disconected the router to see if this made any difference but well youve guessed it nope still the same !!

totally confused now, anyone know anything I could advise him to try ??

dont want to muck up any other settings for the router etc so if anyone does have any tech advice can they please go easy on me as in all honesty this side off things really does not mean a lot to me !!

any advice / suggestion would as always be very much appreciatted.

cheers
Old 06 July 2007, 07:03 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone ??