Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Internal memory card reader on pc ???

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2007, 08:02 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Internal memory card reader on pc ???

Anyone tell me where on my pc I would need to look to see the contents off the internal media card reader ?? would have thought the obvious place wiould have been " my computer " but certain does not show up there, if I place the same card in an external card reader it will show up in " my computer " as drive k or whatever it is.

anyone advise ??
Old 21 June 2007, 08:38 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

If you open exploere, is should be listed as a logical drive

A: is the floppy drive

C: is the main hard drive

D: is usually the CD/DVD drive..

so anything after D: (e,f etc) is either an additional hard drvie or your media adaptor

Mart
Old 21 June 2007, 08:57 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

so anything after D: (e,f etc) is either an additional hard drvie or your media adaptor

Mart
Old 22 June 2007, 07:36 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360

Mart

Okay thanks mate appreciatte your reply, sorry are you saying it should be in " my computer " or do I open windows explorer ??

again " my computer " does not show anything relevant and from a quick look in windows explorer I cant see anything regards logical drive ??
Old 22 June 2007, 01:31 PM
mannyo
Scooby Regular

Some card readers will only appear under my computer once you have inserted the card.

If you have a card in the reader and its still not visible, it could be that the cable from the card reader to the internal usb header in the computer has come loose or detached, or the reader itself is broken.
Old 22 June 2007, 07:20 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mannyo
Some card readers will only appear under my computer once you have inserted the card.

If you have a card in the reader and its still not visible, it could be that the cable from the card reader to the internal usb header in the computer has come loose or detached, or the reader itself is broken.
Okay thanks mate, yep memory card is installed in the appropriatte slot on pc tower but again just cant find the relevant info that was sugested to me in the first reply ??

any further info ?? ie do I need to look in " my computer " windows explorer " or where for this logical drive ??
Old 23 June 2007, 08:51 AM
mannyo
Scooby Regular

Have a look in device manager and look for devices with a yellow ! on them, if you have any of those then drivers are not loaded for that device and need to be installed. Also check for devices listed under ? - Other devices, these windows has no idea what they are and again need drivers loaded. To access Device manager, right click on "My Computer" and select properties, then the hardware tab, device manager.
Old 23 June 2007, 10:40 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mannyo
Have a look in device manager and look for devices with a yellow ! on them, if you have any of those then drivers are not loaded for that device and need to be installed. Also check for devices listed under ? - Other devices, these windows has no idea what they are and again need drivers loaded. To access Device manager, right click on "My Computer" and select properties, then the hardware tab, device manager.

Okay thanks for that really do appreciatte your continued help, have done what you say and yep yellow ! symbol under the usb mass storage device listing.
so okay upon clicking on this I get the message
Quote "

Windows cannotopen this hardware devicebecause it has been prepared for safe removal but it has not been removed from the computer.

To fix this problem unplug this device from your computer and then plug it in again.

so okay not sure where to go next ??!! with it being an internal card reader is unplugging the device something that can be done thru a software option or is it something I would physically have to do ??

bit confused and can only think that it is something I have somehow accidentaly done myself, pc is only around six months old but is the first time I have went to actually use the internal card reader ( forgott it was even there !! )

any further advice you can possibly offer ??

cheers