Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Postage refund on faulty IT goods?

Search this Thread

Old 18 June 2007, 04:24 PM
judgejules
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Postage refund on faulty IT goods?

I thought I'd run this past you lot first to see what the general opinion was.

I'm about to return 3 dvd drives which were all bought within 5 days of each other from the same company back in March. I have been using them to read in my dvd collection, which was all fine. This weekend I tried burning a CD on one of them which failed. I tried the same thing on the other 2 drives in 2 different machines using different media etc and they all failed.

Anyway, cut a long story shortish, I've got an RMA from the company but I'm wondering if I should be pressing them to pay for my return postage as there's clearly a fault with the drives?

Now this company has a reputation for being a bunch of c***s and I've already got an ongoing spat with them involving trading standards which I am quietly winning.

Bearing in mind that we had a food temperature probe fail the other day (sub 30 quid) while still in warranty. The company arranged for a courier to come out next day to pick up the faulty one and drop off a new one, all for free.

Should I expect a refund of the postage for sending the 3 DVD drives back?

Ta

Jules
Old 18 June 2007, 04:33 PM
RoadrunnerV2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Jules

You are entitled to money back for postage if the drives are proven to be faulty. Right now, the fault is suspected until verified by the supplier. I suggest sending in a claim for the recorded postage costs when returning the goods. When you get your replacements, the supplier isn’t allowed to charge you for their return postage costs.

Sometimes companies can offer replacement/collection on delivery without you incurring any cost as per your food temperature probe without confirmation if the faults exist. However the latter is the most common approach for RMA’s.