Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Motherboard problem - wont start up

Search this Thread

Old 18 May 2007, 10:13 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motherboard problem - wont start up

Hello

I have been given a PC by my Dad that has a problem starting up. It is a PC built with an ECS P4M800-M7 v3.1 motherboard, with IDE and SATA disks, and 2 x 512Mb memory.

When i power the PC up it doesnt even switch on the monitor and the LED on the case stays RED. Is there some sort of diagnostic mode i can get it into before the BIOS starts, or does anyone have any ideas what I could do with it (other than smash it to bits....)

Dave
Old 18 May 2007, 10:45 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Problem was that when you insert an AGP graphics card it disables the on board graphics. AGP card was not seated properly so nothing worked. Fixed now.
Old 19 May 2007, 03:33 PM
Recaro
Scooby Regular

I am having the same issue, though it doesnt seem as simply as an agp not sitting correctly.

PC worked fine 1 evening, next day turned it on and nothing.

PC turns on, I can see the fans spin and the LEDs come on.

No graphics at all. Motherboard doesnt have on board graphics so thought it could be the graphics card. Tested the card in another PC and it worked fine. Thought it might be the motherboard so got a 2nd hand one with the same spec. Installed and switched on and nothing. Same error.

I have now removed everything (DVD drives, RAM, all PCI cards, etc) and still I dont get anything. No POST screen , no beeps. Even cleared the CMOS.

What else could it be? Need some Ideas.