Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

does any one here support tablet pc's

Search this Thread

Old 02 May 2007, 11:04 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does any one here support tablet pc's

we are getting more of a call for these but as we supply dell as a first choice we had to look around

tried the IBM and it was slow , tried the early compaqs and they were slow

is it just me or does tablet edition not really cut the mustard , i hate the way i can't get my own copy an build from scratch
Old 03 May 2007, 06:09 AM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

HP's tc4400 tablet PC's might be worth a look. It has the same upgrade possibility as the nc4400 (Notebook). It comes with Intel® Core™2 Duo Prozessor T7200 (standard) and can be ordered with 2 GB Memory if needed.
Old 03 May 2007, 07:11 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Sorry to thread hijack (slightly!) - am interested in these tablets as a learning/training tool for work.

Can anybody give me some practical examples for their uses?
The only thing I've seen one being used for was a news presenter/weathergirl had one..... and I'm pretty sure that it was a prop rather than effective!

What woud you guys use one for?

Dan
Old 03 May 2007, 09:14 AM
Sonic'
Scooby Regular

Our sales guys use them (I have one too, but the novelty of drawing rude doodles on my screen wore off after the first hour, that and not knowing how to delete the image from my screen lol)

Our sales guys take photos of the site (smart board installations amongst others) upload the photos to the tablet pc, and make notes over the photos

Also saves them having to carry a notepad around with them too, and can quickly sketch diagrams of networks etc too
Old 03 May 2007, 01:23 PM
suba
Scooby Regular

Lenovo X60 Tablet running Vista. Nice
Old 03 May 2007, 01:35 PM
Avi
Scooby Regular

We use them for our Doctors so they can see and edit your patient records/results at the bedside.

Last edited by Avi; 03 May 2007 at 01:35 PM. Reason: aa
Old 03 May 2007, 01:37 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by suba
Lenovo X60 Tablet running Vista. Nice

did you have it runing xp tablet before hand, as I have one in front of me thats dog slow and has been since it came out of the box

if so did vista solve the problem ?
Old 03 May 2007, 01:38 PM
WRX_Rich
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Avi
We use them for our Doctors so they can see and edit your patient records/results at the bedside.
Im in the health service my self - how do you find the support asspect of these devices
Old 04 May 2007, 11:23 AM
suba
Scooby Regular

we started with the X40 tablet. yes, it was a bit slow (eapecially like loading up). that was running XP tablet edition.

the X60 is much better and with vista, you get some extra goodies as well. i think with a faster CPU and more RAM on the X60, it make it more usable.
Old 04 May 2007, 11:00 PM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
Sorry to thread hijack (slightly!) - am interested in these tablets as a learning/training tool for work.

Can anybody give me some practical examples for their uses?
The only thing I've seen one being used for was a news presenter/weathergirl had one..... and I'm pretty sure that it was a prop rather than effective!

What woud you guys use one for?

Dan
i.e.: Handwriting recognition, you can actually go as far as to calculate stuff: Like you write '5 x 7 =' and it calculates the result correctly to 35 (straight from your handwriting), it's also an excellent tool for presentations with the possiblity to use colored highlighters (yellow markers) plus circling individual text, numbers, etc. Our Fieldsales use them for customer presentations and do get VERY good feedback. Everybody wants one. You can write with the stylus's front end and can actually turn it around to erase the written part again. Just like a regular pencil. But besides that it really is a great notebook with enough power to support the daily business needs (if the person does not need a mobile workstation).