Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

save image as problems ??

Search this Thread

Old 15 February 2007, 08:58 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default save image as problems ??

Computer is now hanging every time I right click and " save as " on an image, only pressing ctrl / alt and delete will get the pc operating again , when I press these keys I get the box with programm not responding message- happens ever time.

just noticed the same thing is happening when I try to attach an image to an email now ie pc will hang when I select an image to attach.

fairly new ( 6 months old ) reasonable spec pc, have uninstaled a good few unused programmes etc tonight thinking that this may be the cause off this locking up but seems not ??!!

pc seems to be working all okay in all other depts.

dont know what else to try ??!!

anyone ??
Old 16 February 2007, 04:22 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

try clearing out the internet history in your browser.
Old 16 February 2007, 05:49 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay thanks mate appreciatte your advice, unfortunately it did not cure the problem !!!

okay having been playing around with the pc in the hope off sorting this problem and have now found that if right click on an image I want to save and choose " save picture as " that if I press the up arrow on the keyboard then the image will save okay without any non responding messages etc.

just tested my outgoing emails by trying to send an attachment on one off my emails and I also find the sameie. that if I click on one off my saved images and then press this up arrow key at the same time as the save option it again will attach to the email without any problem.

whats causing this then ??

the only thing I found similar to this before was when I was trying to view private messages windows on certain websites only pressing this same key would open up the private message window.

so okay all fixed well sort off !!! ie I can now save / attach images just would prefer it was the way before ie. not having to hold arrow keys !!
Old 18 February 2007, 07:15 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Just to add to this saga have now noticed that even the above method off pressing the up arrow key at the same time that the pc is still " hanging "

no one else come across this before then ?? have tried everthing I can think off - no virus, no spyware, deleted all temp files the lot yet still the problem persists ??!!