Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Yay! Got a Wii at last..... thanks to GAME

Search this Thread

Old 21 December 2006, 02:39 PM
MrShades
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yay! Got a Wii at last..... thanks to GAME

Well, after weeks and weeks of searching - and that reminds me, I must cancel my play.com order that is still "Order taken" - and surviving the whole Ebuyer fiasco the other day - intact but sans Wii - I have now got one!

The trick appears to be, to call every local GAME store in your area at about 10:00am. I called the two in Swindon this morning, the first (by the time I got through, as the phone is constantly engaged!) had "just sold the last Wii to the previous caller!" <damn & blast>...

... so, I called the other Swindon store and had a chat with a great guy by the name of Matt who told me they were getting a dozen in for free-sale at about 11am and if I could get there for then there was a good chance I'd get one. Some further chatting about the fact that I was in Reading, blah blah and he said "Tell you what, give me your surname and I'll put one by for you"... RESULT!

(Apparently most GAME stores will be getting stock on Saturday, again, and some MAY get some again tomorrow - so if you want one, call like mad around 10:00am!)

I then went in to GAME at about 1pm, picked up by Wii (put by, with my name stuck in the box, as good as his word) for £179 and added Zelda to it. Wanted Wii Play as well, for the extra controller, but they had none left (even though Matt had told me they had everything except Nunchuks at 10am, they'd gone by 1pm!). Then strolled around Swindon, smiling, and found a few Wii Plays in HMV so grabbed one. No Nunchucks appearing anywhere on my travels though, but will search casually over the next couple of days shopping.

It's still sat in the boxes, in my lounge, waiting for me to stick it all together and for the fun to commence... We've got quite a big gathering over Christmas, and constant 'social gatherings' between now and then and I think the Wii could play a key part in proceedings.

It'll be on my 36" Panasonic CRT in the lounge for the time being, but I may (in the New Year) stick it in my cinema room on my 100" HD projector.... we'll see.

A very happy Shades....

Merry Christmas!

Shades
Old 21 December 2006, 02:51 PM
kbsub
Scooby Regular

Nice one

Looks like there is a lot more stock coming through now , eBay prices will plummet
Old 21 December 2006, 05:15 PM
D16GER
Scooby Regular

This is what really gets up my nose about Game - each store does things completely different!

You get to buy one for £179 and my local store would only sell packs at £385!!

How they get away with crap like that is unbelievable. I would've had one, were it not for my local money-grabbing store manager!