Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

BT Total Broadband - any good ?

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2006, 01:49 PM
jbl
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BT Total Broadband - any good ?

At the moment we use BT broadband for our ISP, no real problems, quite happy with it.

I am wondering about upgrading to their Total Broadband package for ISP ( not bothered with telephone ) and would like to know if any one has done this ? and was the switch over easy and worthwhile ?
I had best add that we use an AppleMac but according to BT's website and online tester all should be OK.

Any opinions welcome

Thanks

JBL
Old 23 November 2006, 02:13 PM
Gigsy
Scooby Regular

Can't comment about the TotalBroadband package but I've been using BT business broadband through my home telephone line for about 5 years now with no downtime - I work from home so up-time is very important for me.

Macs and PCs both use the same TCP/IP (internet) protocol so shouldn't make a difference what machine you use. The only stumbling block coud be the router/modem BT supply. If it's USB only as it may not work with a Mac but most modems/routers also have an Ethernet port too - check with BT before they supply it.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Gigs
Old 24 November 2006, 06:09 PM
Jen_M
Scooby Regular

I switched over no problems. I think it is faster. You also get 250 minutes wireless access for laptops at hotspots.