Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

360 Broke Again!!!

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2006, 07:20 PM
the big yim
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 360 Broke Again!!!

To cut a long story short my 360 kept on crashing, then I got the dreaded 3 red lights. Rang support line and sent it away to be repaired. Came back today so went and bought fifa to play on.
Guess what???

New console they sent me won't even load. 1 red light and error 71 on the screen. Just got off the phone to the support line AGAIN and its got to be sent away AGAIN!!!
Don't know to laugh or cry .

Thank god for inventing stella to cheer me up and help through these troubled times
Old 31 October 2006, 07:38 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

That sucks man!!

With the recent threads of 360's going bang I'd be interested what the overall % of failures compared to still working machines are out there..... it's certainly put me off buying one
Old 31 October 2006, 08:13 PM
the big yim
Scooby Regular

They aren't the most reliable things you can buy.
Makes you wonder if they were rushed to beat the ps3 and that is what's causing these reliability problems
Old 31 October 2006, 08:29 PM
Mogsi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T4molie
That sucks man!!

With the recent threads of 360's going bang I'd be interested what the overall % of failures compared to still working machines are out there..... it's certainly put me off buying one
Still on my original machine, bought on launch day and used daily.

Watch it **** up now I've said that...
Old 31 October 2006, 08:32 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mogsi
Still on my original machine, bought on launch day and used daily.

Watch it **** up now I've said that...
Grabs large piece of wood - in hoping that it doesn't
Old 31 October 2006, 09:46 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mines still working but I dont really hammer it, can go for weeks without using it, hence why it will f*ck up just out of guarantee.
Old 01 November 2006, 07:57 PM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

Angry Same thing overhere

Excatly the same thing happend to me as well just now. I got my refurbished Xbox360 back from the service center today, plugged everything in. Then once it started a download from Xbox live .... PENG... System Error 71 -> Contact your Support Center. Now I have to send it in once more and wait another 14 Days (!!) from now. I am so Pi5st!! The guy at the service center told me that I am not the first one and that it has something to do with the download, which should avoid playing games on 'cracked' consoles. But what do I know. The only thing I know is that I have a brand new LEGO Star Wars and Dead Rising sitting here and getting dusty.
Old 02 November 2006, 06:00 PM
the big yim
Scooby Regular

seems very odd. Wonder if they'd have crashed if the update wasn't downloaded
Old 10 November 2006, 06:40 PM
the big yim
Scooby Regular

Got my 360 back today AGAIN. They never even took it out the box I sent it in. Not impressed at all.
Just got off the phone to customer support and they have an agent ringing me within 48 hours to deal with my complaint. Any one else had the same thing happen??
Old 10 November 2006, 07:09 PM
swiss scooby
Scooby Regular

Are you sure? When I got it back I checked the Serial-Nbr. and it was a new (refurished) machine with a different Serial-Nbr. How do you know that the box hasn't been opened?
Old 11 November 2006, 08:29 AM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T4molie
That sucks man!!

Have you noticed it's only a handful of people with problems and they've all had multiple replacments, what's that tell you
Old 11 November 2006, 09:13 AM
AudiHater
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bob269
Have you noticed it's only a handful of people with problems and they've all had multiple replacments, what's that tell you
They are not alone, mine has been replaced and it sits in an air conditioned room in a custom cabinet that has input and output fans to shift cold in and hot out.
Old 11 November 2006, 09:33 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bob269

Mine sits on top of a cabinet, with about 2-3ft free space all around (nothing above). Probably gets used a hour or two every day. I'm now on my 4th...

What it tells me is that when you send it in fo repair, they send a reconditioned one back, and these reconditioned models still have the same flaw that caused it to break in the first place. In fact although my current one is still working, it does rattle if you try and move it (sounds like something loose inside).
Old 11 November 2006, 12:57 PM
the big yim
Scooby Regular

I know that the box that i sent hadn't been opened because the sellotape i used to close up the ends of the box hadn't been cut, opened, ripped or anything and i wrote down the serial number off the one i sent back to them and guess what??

Its the same. I think its a joke that i have been without a working console now for over 5 weeks!!!
I lost all my game saves and downloads, alot of which i had paid for such as the speed packs for PGR3. Not impressed at all
Old 11 November 2006, 01:35 PM
AudiHater
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by the big yim
I know that the box that i sent hadn't been opened because the sellotape i used to close up the ends of the box hadn't been cut, opened, ripped or anything and i wrote down the serial number off the one i sent back to them and guess what??

Its the same. I think its a joke that i have been without a working console now for over 5 weeks!!!
I lost all my game saves and downloads, alot of which i had paid for such as the speed packs for PGR3. Not impressed at all
You have lost nothing if they haven't open it. I sent mine away without the hard drive.
Old 11 November 2006, 02:30 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Why do they wipe the HD? if the flaw is HW related, then they should leave the hd alone,

i,d be well pi**ed off if they did it to me.

mind you i cant see what the fuss is about, its a f*kin great brick that is as loud as a small power station when running.

Mart
Old 12 November 2006, 11:17 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by the big yim
If you have paid for the packs, you can redownload them. It saves the puchase details on live, so you don't have to pay again.

The save game thing is a bit annoying though. The first xbox I sent off for repair resulted in me losing all my save games as well.
Old 12 November 2006, 11:22 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
Why do they wipe the HD? if the flaw is HW related, then they should leave the hd alone,
They just send out a new / reconditioned unit. They don't repair your old console. At that stage the grunts in the warehouse don't know if the error is a console or hard disk error, so they replace both.

mind you i cant see what the fuss is about, its a f*kin great brick that is as loud as a small power station when running.
You really are on a mission against MS aren't you Mart. Just because you don't like the 360 doesn't mean that other people aren't allowed to either. Personally, I never notice the noise when I've got mine turned on, and the games are superb (much better than anything I've played on the PS2 or PC recently). Plus, if you think the 360 is large, wait till you see the PS3 (which is even larger).
Old 12 November 2006, 06:44 PM
the big yim
Scooby Regular

thanks for the info about saving your downloads iain, thats some good news at least.
They were supposed to ring me back today to resolve my issue but not even had one phone call. Going to ring them tomorrow for round 2 i think.
The woman suggested that i start a new repair request but after the last episode I really don't want to, I'd rather them send me a new/recon 360 and then ill send mine back when I get that one.
Other than that I can't think of a way round it (can't see them going for my idea )