Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Nintendo ds - homebrew ??

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2006, 12:20 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nintendo ds - homebrew ??

Son wants to get a nintendo ds for xmas, just wondering whats involved in getting the thing up and running for " homebrew purposes " ?? is it all easy enough to set up / transfer the games ?? what sort off price above the actual price off the ds are you taliking about for the additional hardware required ??

cheers
Old 28 October 2006, 03:42 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Okay thanks mate appreciatte the info, did not actually realise that the " extras " were so expensive but suppose the long term saving could be worth it ??!!
Old 28 October 2006, 05:05 PM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

don't think there's a definitive emulator yet for the DS, so homebrew eg. writing your own stuff, isn't really that straightforward, from a testing point of view.
Old 28 October 2006, 06:07 PM
ru'
Scooby Regular

Try here for much info goodness...

Nintendo DS News Forum - DCEmu Forums:: The Homebrew & Gaming Network :: PSP Dreamcast Nintendo DS Wii GP2X Xbox 360 GBA Gamecube PS2 Forums
Old 13 November 2006, 10:43 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
My son has one, spent £100 on the DS and another £100 or so on extras. Mini/micro sd card, superkey and supercard are the basics of whats needed.
Okay guys seen a nintendo ds advertised on the net tonight comming supplied with a passcard 2and a movie player cart and 10`s off roms and only requiring an sd card, I take it this would indicate that this would be all that is required to play " back up " games off all the currant ds titles or is it ??!! or is this supercard a must ??

have read the link kindly supplied in the above post but to be honest am strating to get a bit bogged down by what is required and what is not and having been thru it all before with the psp ( downgrading etc, etc ) dont really want to give myself too many headaches all over again !!!

so basically would this package be everything required and is the passkey 2 and movie player cart worth paying over the odds for above the actual ral cost off a standard ds as opposed to the newer ds lite ??
Old 14 November 2006, 12:07 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

All you need is a Superkey and a Supercard as mentioned above. I got mine from here: Cartridge Systems - cheapmod.net

I like the Supercard Lite as it fits flush with the bottom of the DS.

Steve
Old 25 November 2006, 04:58 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Having just purchased a ds-lite dont suppose anyone has anything like whats required above for sale do they ???