Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Anyone got the Pipex broadband + telephone package ?

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2006, 09:39 PM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got the Pipex broadband + telephone package ?

Just wondering if I sign up for the "max" package = broadband + telephone, will there be ANY interruption to my normal telephone experience. We have a BT line and don't want to prefix any calls with a special number or cr&p like that.

Whats it like in this sense ?
Old 23 November 2006, 10:28 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

ours is fine. NO prefixes etc....

I want to change my package to get a better deal though - still will stay with Pipex though

Dan
Old 24 November 2006, 12:17 AM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
ours is fine. NO prefixes etc....

I want to change my package to get a better deal though - still will stay with Pipex though

Dan
how do you mean ?

I'm looking at the MAX package for £27.99 per month
Old 24 November 2006, 12:50 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Friend of mine is just going through the process of having it set up.......
And has been for weeks as they seem unable to get it sorted and their support and contacting them is absolute rubbish!
Old 24 November 2006, 02:31 AM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

I'm with nildram (owned by pipex now). Broadband 2go.
2.5Gig limit per month, 8meg speed and 500 minutes of home phone calls included. All for £15.99 a month.
No prefixm to dial.
Old 24 November 2006, 11:45 AM
dtriggs
Scooby Regular

I was going to advise my sister to go with Virgin which is £9.99 for 1 meg and free evening and weekend landline calls - seemed a good deal.
Old 24 November 2006, 12:03 PM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

I'm intending to go with Pipex. £22.49 a month for 8mb connection, 15gb/month limit and free local calls at all times. Their feedback on ispreview looks good in comparison to some.

Edited to say by local calls I meant all UK calls

Last edited by Kevin Groat; 24 November 2006 at 02:17 PM.
Old 24 November 2006, 01:42 PM
ScoobyWRX300
Scooby Regular

Signed up with Pipex Homecall back in August after switching from TalkTalk(cr@p customer service).
8Mb unlimited broadband, anytime call package & line rental included for £29.99 .

The deal is hard to find but should be on the following link.

http:\\Cheap Broadband Provider, Cheap Telephone Calls and more - Pipex Homecall

You don't need any prefixes. I did initially notice a slight second or two delay before calls were connected but to be honest haven't noticed it recently - either got used to it or it's gone away.
The 8Mb broadband is pretty good but does seem to vary a lot in speed. At best it will download at 800k/sec but more often it's around 400k/sec. Still a lot better than my old 512k TalkTalk broadband.

I haven't had any technical problems or loss of service since switching to Pipex.
Old 24 November 2006, 02:20 PM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=ScoobyWRX300]Signed up with Pipex Homecall back in August after switching from TalkTalk(cr@p customer service).
8Mb unlimited broadband, anytime call package & line rental included for £29.99 .
QUOTE]

The one piece of useful advice I've uncovered during the V21 fiasco and trawling the ISP review website is that many folk suggest leaving the line rental with BT - hence the slightly cheaper service I'll probably end up going for. Once Netservices release my hijacked MAC that is
Old 24 November 2006, 02:27 PM
v8voodoo
Scooby Regular

Try taking a look at Broadband Internet, Cheap line rental, free calls, and competitive international rates from Madasafish
I've just signed up with them and I'm very happy indeed.
Old 25 November 2006, 09:30 PM
ScoobyWRX300
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Hmm. I'm with TalkTalk and have had no problems other than when they initially connected my BB.

Just to get some support in for TT .....

Dave
Ah! Don't get me started about TalkTalk
I was a happy customer with them for 10 months before I started getting problems.
The broadband would work one day and then I'd have no service the next. I'd spend anything up to 2 hours in queues trying to get through to Customer services or Tech Support and usually gave up only to find it working the next day. This went on every week and in June I eventually decided to leave them. That's where my problems started... It took 6 weeks and more than 10 hours on the phone (to Indian & South African call centers) repeatedly chasing them just to get a MAC code. I moved to my new ISP mid August but despite another 9 phone calls since leaving (over 5 hours on the phone) they are still billing me for the service I left 4 months ago!
They currently owe me about £30 for charges they took before I cancelled the direct debit + phone call costs since I left them. They keep sending me letters for non payment of bills. I've sent them numerous letters and emails but they don't even have the courtesy to reply. I've recently received my latest bill covering the period to mid December!
A colleage has had similar problems and is currently pursuing them through the small claims court. A few weeks ago there was a Watchdog story saying they'd had more complaints about TalkTalk than any other company.
Good luck if you are currently a customer with them but stay well clear if you're not.
The worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with - utter sh1te