Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Don't receive email POP3 Windows Mob 5

Search this Thread

Old 06 October 2006, 05:33 PM
trev260764
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Don't receive email POP3 Windows Mob 5

Hi. I have set up an Orange webmail email address and wish to access this in Outlook on my Orange SPV M3100 phone. I have successfully set this up in Outlook 2003 on my PC, which sends and receives. However, using similar protocols on my SPV I am able to send email, but when I tap send/receive I have an empty inbox – when I know from my PC that I do have messages. When I am sent an email I am alerted by SMS that an email has been received, bit this does not appear in the Outlook inbox (also, am I able to turn-off this notification?). Any ideas? Many thanks…
Old 07 October 2006, 09:05 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

i found that the sendiing was from my normal email account, non mobile, and the recieved emails were from orange. so to check my orange emails, i had to use the phone to access my normal isp mail, and my orange mail came in that way

hope this makes sense

Mart
Old 08 October 2006, 10:19 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope this isn't too obvious, but are you looking in the correct inbox?
I'm using WM5 on a vario II and have 4 inboxes - text, MMS, Outlook AND Wanadoo.
The Wanadoo account was set up using the same POP3 and SMTP set up as my Outlook account.
My mail comes to the Wanadoo inbox when on the move and to the Outlook inbox when I'm connected via activesync.

Nick
Old 09 October 2006, 10:43 PM
trev260764
Scooby Regular

Yeah I too have 4 inboxes (SMS, MMS, Outlook and Orange GPRS). Outlook syncs with ActiveSync as you find. I opted for an Orange webmail address so that I could POP/SMTP it in Outlook on my PC, and do the same on my SPV. Also the wife has a Sony Ericcson W800i and the wish was to access and send mail from that - I have the same problem with this - sending OK but an empty inbox!
Old 10 October 2006, 09:45 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask the question on Modaco.com MoDaCo -> HTC Hermes - Hermes.MoDaCo.com
There was a thread about text messages arriving and being lost in the inbox but not quite your problem.
As for deleting the notifcation, its device generated, not SMS.
To remove the notification go to:
Setting>Sounds & Notifications>Notifications>Event drop down>Messaging : New e-mail message
and untick the "Display message on screen" box.

Nick