Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

anyone played the following xbox 360 games

Search this Thread

Old 29 September 2006, 03:58 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone played the following xbox 360 games

has anyone played the following games and what would you rate them as?

Call of Duty 2
Kameo
Perfect Dark Zero
Tomb Raider
Oblivion
Hitman Blood Money

want to get some later on way home from work(cant check online reviews from work due to acceptable web use policy etc)

Cheers for any help
Old 29 September 2006, 04:03 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Call of Duty 2 - Great game (if a little dated). Mutliplayer is good fun as well.

Kameo - Depends if you like cute adventure games or not. I enjoyed it (finished it), not not everyone does.

Perfect Dark Zero - Utter rubbish

Tomb Raider - Great game, but short and a bit easy, (I finished it in about 7.5 hours). The puzzles are nowhere near as tricky as in the old games.

Oblivion - I LOVED this game. I finished it having spent abou 96 hours playing it

Hitman Blood Money - Not bad. Working my way through this at the minute. It's more stealth / strategy focussed than all guns blazing.
Old 29 September 2006, 04:20 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Cheers for that Iain, was thinking Kameo for the missus. I do like the hitman series of games (pc) but was wondering how it translates across to the 360 (control wise etc)

Shame about tomb raider, used to love them on the old ps1, puzzles were great then.

think I will go with Oblivion, Kameo and possibly Hitman (although I may get the wireless connector instead of having a network cable coming downstairs )
Old 29 September 2006, 04:30 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are getting Kameo hang on until the end of the month, it's re-released as a classic title for £19.99
Old 29 September 2006, 04:37 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

That's true. It would be worth waiting on Kameo...

Hitman works surprisingly well on the xbox controller. I too had played the previous games on the pc and was a little dubious about the transition, but after a couple of minutes you forget about it
Old 29 September 2006, 04:38 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

I pretty much agree with Iain - although PDZ kinda grew on me, offline is a bit cr@p but its a lot more interesting doing it co-op over live - its released as a classic too shortly.

Kameo just annoyed the hell out of me though - awful control system and camera with a mind of its own. Shame, the graphics were superb even though it got slated in some corners due to it being a suped up Xbox title that got switched the 360 at late notice.

Test Drive is rather tiresome - OK for an hour but online is terrible and its soooo repetetive and way too easy - only 1 event gave me any problems.

Might pick up NFS:MW on classic - but only for gamerscore purposes...
Old 29 September 2006, 04:48 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

There was nowt wrong with the control system in Kameo. Even my 5 year old nephew can play it It's one of those games that you either love or hate I think...

I'm enjoying Test Drive, (although I've not tried the online bits yet). It's got it's flaws, but I'm enjoying it a lot more than I did PGR3. Burnout is still the king of the racers though

NFS:MW is reasonably good fun, but it does get repetitive after a while. I'm only playing it now to try and boost the gamerscore a bit...
Old 29 September 2006, 08:19 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
think I will go with Oblivion, Kameo and possibly Hitman (although I may get the wireless connector instead of having a network cable coming downstairs )
Oblivion was great, and as Iain said, it also took 100 hrs of my life, be prepared for divorce proceedings, especially if she can't get on to play kameo
Old 29 September 2006, 08:51 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

swen6 will be along shortly..he has played just about every game under the sun i think
Old 29 September 2006, 11:38 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

I've got a few I need to finish off now

I'm playing lego starwars II and it's great. Finshed the game but I'm going through all the unlockables now and that could take a while.

The games you have listed the best by far is Call of Duty 2, On veteran this games has been the biggest test I have ever had on any game ( oh just remembered Geo wars survie 1mil ... now that was hard work )
Old 30 September 2006, 12:22 AM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SwissTony
swen6 will be along shortly..he has played just about every game under the sun i think

Cheeky git!

I'm, with RB5 Black, Lego SWII is ace but a bit annoying, completing a level without dying's fine, till your near the end of the level and for some unknown reason your little Lego man won't try to make the jump, you then want to restart only to have to put up with the credit bit again. Wouldn't of hurt to have a restart level option.
Old 30 September 2006, 06:12 PM
New_scooby_04

I can vouch for hitman blood money, as long as you don't mind games where stealth is required.

These games have an atmosphere and style all of there own (check out the opening sequence and music - perfect); playing them is almost like a cinematic experience. There is a sadistic pleasure for planning and executing a clean hit and nobody being any the wiser that you were there.

Just one problem...I can't get the opening theme, Ave Maria, out of my head.
Old 02 October 2006, 01:25 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

tried the demo of hitman and didnt quite take to it - may give it another go though.

Still trying to nab 1000 points out of a few games so I can trade a couple in - got 900 on Tomb Raider, its currently doing my nut in with the time trials, along with aimlessly driving around O'ahu just to do 5000 miles - and I wish they'd fix that f*****g Trade feature!!

oh and I got my celebrity status on Burnout this morning - took 2 hours though
Old 02 October 2006, 09:49 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by messiah
got 900 on Tomb Raider, its currently doing my nut in with the time trials

She doesn't amazingly become taken over by the devil when you really need her to do something quickly and do the complete opposite.....or even not at all

Managed it but it proper peed me off.
Old 02 October 2006, 10:27 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

along with aimlessly driving around O'ahu just to do 5000 miles - and I wish they'd fix that f*****g Trade feature!!
I got bored trying to cover all the roads, and all the model/car delivery things have been boring me to tears.
Old 03 October 2006, 09:50 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

worst bit is you have to drive all the roads to unlock all the challenges - bit of a PITA but at least it gets your mileage up. Too easy for my liking - only event that gave me any real trouble was the Tantalus one - typical, a track full of twisties and not a Subaru in sight...

I've actually tried the cheat for the Tomb Raider time trials - but I just cant be bothered with it anymore - but I dont wanna trade it in when there's 100 points waiting to be nabbed...

oh - and new GRAW acheivements now available

Last edited by messiah; 03 October 2006 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03 October 2006, 06:24 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

I had a bit of a job with the Masarati time event I had to tune my MC12's nuts off just to complete it on gold.
Old 03 October 2006, 07:23 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

yeah - I had to tune the MC12 too then I managed it right off.

Also found out that there's now a Far Cry patch out that lets you play the expansion story from the off without playing the instincts story - thank god, that was cheesing me off too - I restarted Quake 4 yesterday for something to do...
Old 03 October 2006, 09:37 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Also found out that there's now a Far Cry patch out that lets you play the expansion story from the off without playing the instincts story
There was an unlock cheat to do that from day 1

Unlock Evolution without playing instincts first

In the Cheat Menu option on main menu or pause screen
Password GiveMeItAll Unlocks Evolution Game
Old 04 October 2006, 10:06 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

yeah - I knew that, but I didnt want to go through the game and not get the acheivements for it - I checked on the XBox forums beforehand and they said using cheat codes stops you getting the points.

Pity - I'd spent ages killing the wife in splitscreen and didnt get any points for that either
Old 04 October 2006, 12:01 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

yeah - I knew that, but I didnt want to go through the game and not get the acheivements for it - I checked on the XBox forums beforehand and they said using cheat codes stops you getting the points.

Pity - I'd spent ages killing the wife in splitscreen and didnt get any points for that either
Didnt stop me getting the points

Using the cheats stops the achievements as in infinite life etcs, using the unlock evolution didnt.
Old 04 October 2006, 12:20 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

bugger.

Ah well - just started the "new" levels last night - not bad so far, seems a lot easier than the normal game though.