Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Recent Plusnet service problems

Search this Thread

Old 30 August 2006, 05:03 PM
GE90
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Recent Plusnet service problems

Hi,

After many happy years with Plusnet, I am losing my patience with them!

In the last couple of months I have suffered from constant disconnects, slow speeds, loss of e-mails and very frequent log-in authentication problems.
They have really gone downhill! I am getting no e-mails today, and this is not the first time in the last week or so. It's taking over 6 hours to get them.

Just to make things even worse, they have scrubbed the contact us 'raise a ticket' service, making contact very difficult! RANT NOT OVER!!!!

Anyone else feel the same?
Old 30 August 2006, 05:04 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

sounds like my BT broadband
Old 30 August 2006, 05:06 PM
GE90
Scooby Regular

Have they not improved?
Running out of options!
Old 30 August 2006, 05:08 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

No my BT is utter ****e. Cant wait till my contracts up with them. Dont know who else to go with though. Used to have AOL which ran like clockwork but its incompatible with outlook or something like that
Old 30 August 2006, 05:11 PM
GE90
Scooby Regular

Just a shame that it has gone downhill to such an extent.
Initially they were excellent, and now they are just so poor!

Good luck with your issues with BT!
Old 30 August 2006, 05:13 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Apart from when Telehouse went down a couple of weeks ago, I've not had any problems.

There are some connection issues reported ATM: https://portal.plus.net/supportpages...ce_id=adsldial

To raise a ticket you need to go through the Help Assistant wizard, if it can't answer you, you raise a ticket at the end. They've introduced it to cut down on the number of simple queries that are resolved be rebooting your router etc.
Old 30 August 2006, 05:24 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

GE90, have you tried connecting your modem into the master test socket? If not, undo the two screws on the master face plate and pull the bottom half off. Behind the lower half of the face plate is a test socket that cuts out the extension ring wire. Try your modem in there. If you find an improvement you should be able to sort it out. I had constant disconnection problems and mine was fine on the master test socket.
Old 30 August 2006, 05:33 PM
GE90
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
Apart from when Telehouse went down a couple of weeks ago, I've not had any problems.

There are some connection issues reported ATM: https://portal.plus.net/supportpages...ce_id=adsldial

To raise a ticket you need to go through the Help Assistant wizard, if it can't answer you, you raise a ticket at the end. They've introduced it to cut down on the number of simple queries that are resolved be rebooting your router etc.
I have tried this, and the option to raise a ticket seems to have been removed. Perhaps it is still there at the end of some help assistant channels, but not for the e-mail and connection authentication issues I have!!
All it does is to direct me to the on-going issues they are having at the time. That being loss of customers e-mails a few weeks agao, then log-in probs after that, then e-mail delivery probs last night and today!
They just seem to be losing the plot a little. Very good at informing us of the probs they are having, but its just too frequent...!

Thanks!
Old 30 August 2006, 05:58 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Yeah I am pretty pissed off with Plusnet. All yesterday's e-mails arrived on mass this morning.

They have made the Raise a Ticket nigh on impossible. Unless it's changed in the last week you needed to go down the Help route and another Window opened with standard "Help" answers like "Have you switched your machine on?" . You then closed the Window and lo and behold the Raise a Ticket option appears. dl
Old 30 August 2006, 06:14 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

I've been disconnected several times in the last 2 or 3 weeks on Plusnet, they know there's a problem because I read the announcement on their website yesterday. When it disconnected on monday, I had no ADSL carrier at all for about 30 mins then it came back again.
Old 30 August 2006, 07:02 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Despite their recent problems theyre still head and shoulders above Virgin.
Old 30 August 2006, 07:19 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

To balance the books so to speak, I've had sod all problems with Plusnet.
Working a treat.
The PC on the other hand wasn't. something fried in the Motherboard at the weekend....
Perhaps I can blame Plusnet for that.

Andy
Old 30 August 2006, 07:24 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Mine isnt brilliant right now.....
Old 30 August 2006, 09:27 PM
jowl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GE90
Hi,

After many happy years with Plusnet, I am losing my patience with them!

In the last couple of months I have suffered from constant disconnects, slow speeds, loss of e-mails and very frequent log-in authentication problems.
They have really gone downhill! I am getting no e-mails today, and this is not the first time in the last week or so. It's taking over 6 hours to get them.

Just to make things even worse, they have scrubbed the contact us 'raise a ticket' service, making contact very difficult! RANT NOT OVER!!!!

Anyone else feel the same?

Yep - e-mail and connections problems recently - and I've not even 'upgraded' to MaxDSL yet.

I'm looking around for another package....if SKY is okay, it would even work out cheaper for sky (basic) to get their broadband.

Just been at a mate's who's gone Plusnet to TalkTalk....and is rapidly trying to change back!
Old 30 August 2006, 10:29 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Depends if the problems are with BTs equipment leased by providers, or whether its LLU or other provider bespoke equipment. Sounds like most people have problems on and off at the moment.

Having said that, I've not had any problems with PlusNet for the last 3 months or so now once I sorted out the synchronisation problems myself
Old 31 August 2006, 10:20 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Its an LLU-Tiscali problem; Plus.net are their customers and its beyond their control. Mine is worse than Id thought though, Ive just received yesterdays emails... (bar the one that got through yesterday making me think that it was all working).

Simon
Old 31 August 2006, 10:27 AM
john_s
Scooby Regular

My PN connection's been OK recently. Took them a while to get round to sorting out a problem a couple of months ago though (turned out to be a fault on the line).

I've opted out of the LLU option just to make sure I don't end up getting stuck with it.

John.