Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Rfactor sim engine....

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2006, 12:50 PM
dowser
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rfactor sim engine....

Does anyone use the above? Am getting a new gaming PC soon, so am checking out latest driving Sims. This seems pretty good. Any comments, or other suggestions? I've got Richard Burns Rally on the way at my brother's recomendation.

Last time I had a games PC (>2 years ago) best was GPL for track racing and Rally Trophy for rallying. What's changed? I guess GPL is still the dogs danglies....just not sure I could go through all that set-up hell again

Thanks, Richard
Old 26 June 2006, 02:33 PM
kernel
Scooby Regular

If you didn't like installing Mods and stuff for GPL rFactor probably won't suit you. The default cars and tracks are all fantasy ones, but there are loads of mods for real word circuits and cars. Driving model is pretty good and the PCC mod (Porsches) is up there.

GTR2 is out soon and that might set a new benchmark in driving sims. GTR /GTL are the current mainstream leaders.

There is also NetKar Pro, but this is a little buggy to say the least and the author gone strangely quiet. But for single seaters it's probably got the best tyre model and simulation.

There are demos out there for rF/GTR/GTL/nkPro so try these before splashing the cash then come and sign up on www.simracing.org.uk for some league racing against real people
Old 26 June 2006, 02:48 PM
dowser
Scooby Senior

Cool thanks - the GTR demo was the last sim I played, if GTL is similar but with accurate physics for the older cars I'll be happy!

Richard
Old 26 June 2006, 02:52 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

liveforspeed S2
all the way IMO

sounds are crap, graphics are a bit sketchy unless you add the updated textures, but the gameplay is second to none with a good wheel/pedals and some decent online racers