Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

can bt change my line to get better attenuation

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2006, 10:20 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can bt change my line to get better attenuation

As per title, I cannot get any joy with bt just seem to get passed through pillar to post.
Basically I have signed up for be 24 mb broadband and it is due to be activated in july. I know I wont get 24mb but was hoping for 10 plus. The physical distance to my exchange is approx 1.1 miles (this is actual route and not direct)
I currently have bulldog 2mb and I get the full 2 mb, however my line stats, attenuation etc is quite high for the line distance it is 46db. The line as well i assume is only 7 years old (newish build but there were houses here previously so possibly the cable is older)
With the attenuation that high, I work out I will be only able to get between 3.8 mb upto about 6.

Does anyone know who I need to speak with to possibly get my line changed to a newer line, and as cheap as possible.
I have done a line test and that came back clear. However about a year ago I had a problem with my broadband which was down to a wet/damp terminal somewhere on the network. This was cleaned up and it sorted the problem.