Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Sony kills the PS3.....

Search this Thread

Old 26 May 2006, 03:59 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sony kills the PS3.....

Well they do if this is to be believed, and it's not the first time I've heard it.

Maybe it's time to bag a 360 once they've made it stable
Old 26 May 2006, 04:06 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Get a job dude or lay some flooring or summat
Old 26 May 2006, 04:09 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Who let you out of your cage again
Old 26 May 2006, 04:10 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Sorry, just noodling about
Old 26 May 2006, 04:17 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's just propaganda

Update: According to EuroGamer news, Sony has officially denied the report by GamesRader claiming that this is "false speculation" and that they have not conveyed any such messages to the retailers. Apparently the report appears to have been based on an earlier rumour that Sony's PS3 games would be bound to its PS3 consoles such that the games could only be played on one given console, however Sony also clarified that this would not be the case either. However, according to EuroGamer, Sony is still keen on trying to fight off the second hand software market, particularly since a group of Japanese publisher's attempts to help outlaw the used-software trade in Japan have failed.
Old 26 May 2006, 04:31 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

if that happens, sorry i'll spend the money i would have spent on the ps3 on my pc
Old 26 May 2006, 04:39 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

I'm definitely going to wait and see if it's true now though If MS get a working console out by then, I might even get one of those. Already expecting to get a Wii

Trending Topics

Old 26 May 2006, 05:04 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

PS3 doesn't interest me at the moment. I've not seen any games advertised for it so far that interest me, and it's way too expensive. It might be a cheap way of getting a blu-ray drive, but I don't want one so it's pretty pointless for me.

I'll stick with the PC and 360 for now, (and almost certainly a Wii later in the year - I really like the look of that )
Old 26 May 2006, 05:08 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Hmm.. as others, watching this with interest, especially since Sony's wonderful CD rootkit... wouldn't put it past them to tag each Blue Ray disc..

Slightly off topic, but apparently Warner are planning to distribute dual sided HD-DVDs, one side HD-DVD and one side DVD format - so you can play the film on either - if that happens, I for one will be taking a more serious look at the HD-DVD format, more than Blue Ray.
Old 26 May 2006, 05:19 PM
AVZ
Scooby Regular

I know two people who went to E3. They also said that the word coming out from the show was that its not finished and they may have muffed it up. The games on demo were running on PC's and there was not very much in terms of games and equipment.

On the other hand, Nintendo and Xbox360 had loads of games running and lots of equipment.

The people i heard this from have not been wrong before and its not only them thats thinking it. Its the entire industry.
Old 26 May 2006, 07:30 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

I for one won't buy a PS3. I'm sticking with the 360 for now and HD dvd was the reason I bought the HD projector in the first place

with the line up of games/peripherals this chrimbo + the estimated 10 million user base of the 360 I think Microsoft are in a strong position.
Old 26 May 2006, 10:26 PM
Jake
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RB5-Black
I for one won't buy a PS3. I'm sticking with the 360 for now and HD dvd was the reason I bought the HD projector in the first place

with the line up of games/peripherals this chrimbo + the estimated 10 million user base of the 360 I think Microsoft are in a strong position.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 26 May 2006, 11:54 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
I've got PGR2 and Forza on the Xbox and neither keep me coming back in comparison to GT4.
Strange how different people like different things. I thought Forza was great, but it only took me about a week to get totally bored with GT4.

If Microsoft crack this then its game over, perhaps Forza 2 may be the answer?
Forza 2 is sounding as though it might be a bit good. Looking forward to that one.

The other worry is the cost as well as the wait, by the time the PS3 comes out hopefully the 360 should be down in price and offering up a lot more decent games.
It's looking as though Sony will have big problems at launch. They've admitted that a number of their "big" titles have already slipped into next year. Even the eye toy won't be available until March. By comparison, the 360 will have so many good games by then, (on a cheaper machine with about the same power) that Sony may have a large fight on their hands...
Old 27 May 2006, 12:23 AM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AVZ
I know two people who went to E3. They also said that the word coming out from the show was that its not finished and they may have muffed it up. The games on demo were running on PC's and there was not very much in terms of games and equipment.
The inital 360 demo's ran on an Apple MAC, I shouldnt worry too much about it.
Old 27 May 2006, 09:05 AM
DanPhillips
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AVZ

On the other hand, Nintendo and Xbox360 had loads of games running and lots of equipment.

The people i heard this from have not been wrong before and its not only them thats thinking it. Its the entire industry.
They are wrong. The games from Sony were running on Devkits (Cell+RSX) this year and as far as I know all other publishers were doing the same. All hardware goes through several iterations before final (its a handy way of working out bugs in the hardware as well as adding new features).

Cheers

Dan
Old 27 May 2006, 09:39 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Wasn't there a rumour of one of Sony's flagship games being demo'd on a 360?
Old 27 May 2006, 11:33 AM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
Wasn't there a rumour of one of Sony's flagship games being demo'd on a 360?
According to sources close to the company, however, there are potential plans for an Xbox 360 version at Assassins: Creed sometime in 2007. Additionally, Microsoft sources who asked not to be mentioned by name, claimed the demo, hidden behind closed doors at E3, was running on an Xbox 360 using a third-party USB PlayStation controller. The game system was hidden in a stand covered by a sheet. Again, Ubisoft officials would not comment.

The article was removed from IGN's website either by request of Sony or lack of facts.