Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Problems trying to update the adm files on W2k to Xp-SP2 ones.

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2006, 03:29 PM
SPelham
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems trying to update the adm files on W2k to Xp-SP2 ones.

Hi All,

I am in the process of trying to update the adm files to the latest versions but have the issue that although the update seems to happen as soon as I exit the policy and go back in they have reverted to the old W2k adm files.
I have tried using two methods for the updates and neither has been successful. They are as follows:-

1. Simply from an XP-SP2 workstation open the group policy editor and modify the policy. Tried this and didn't work!

2. Through users and computers, select the group policy that you wish to update. right click administrate template, add/remove template. Have done this and the policy is updated but then once I come out it reverts back.

My next step was to manually update the adm files in the folder C:\Winnt\inf , but was worried about the implications, so any ideas would be most appreciated .

Cheers
Simon
Old 21 April 2006, 09:55 AM
SPelham
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found the problem... The new adm files had an older date on them compared to the ones currently on the DC's.Modified the data and hey presto it worked