Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Wanadoo broadband probs

Search this Thread

Old 19 April 2006, 12:15 AM
jono300
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanadoo broadband probs

Having been with wanadoo broadband for just over 4 weeks now on there £14..99 month deal was happy enough with there performance in general, afer about the first week off being with them I was somewhat surprised to see that I was getting what looked like spam email containing attatcments with them, thought nothing more off it until I started to get a couple every day so decided to just use auto delete ie straight to bin folder, received another today that for some reason I decided to investagate further for some reason it never required me to open the attachment ie the photo was below the actual text off the email - picture was obviously someones family photo with a new born baby, something just was not right and it was not what looked like normall spam or virus ridden emails !!

emailed the sender a message saying that for some reason I was getting emails from them and that obviously they were not intended for me, ten minutes later I received an email from a woman who said that yes it was her that was sending them and that they were intended for her father in law who had recently signed up wanadoo and who like myself had started to get emails that were obviously not intended for him and by here description wre intended for me, obviously we are both getting a copy off each others email !!

seems we both have been given the same email address !!! I received another email about an hour later to say that her father in law had phoned wanadoo and explained the problem and that they said that this could not happen !!

was going to phone wanadoo myself earler on tonight but too be honest there customer support is not what I would call easy to explain too, will waitt and see what happens.........................

funny enough my wife received a phone bill in today that was exceptionaly high for just over a months phone usage, have phoned the service provider to ask for an itemised bill............ whas going on ??!!!!!!!!!!!