Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

spyware :-(

Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2006, 10:26 AM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spyware :-(

I have somehow mangaed to install soem dodgy software which I can not get rid of
I have spywareblaster, and spybot. The program that is causing the problem is called SpywareQuake. I never installed this so it must have come as part of something else. Now all I get is popups telling me I'm infected with spyware, and this spywarequake program keeps coming up asking me to buy it. I've removed the program using control panel, the run spybot etc, cleaned it all up. Next time you load the computer the bloody thing has somehow installed itself again. Back to square one.

So how can I permanently remove this actual piece of dog turd? And how can i find the person responsible for creating it? I would like to cut their arms off.

I also keep getting what look like windows security alerts telling me my computer is about to die and stuff. But nothing ever goes wrong.

Thanks
Steve
Old 01 April 2006, 10:37 AM
Fantom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry guys, you can ignore this now. I just did a system restore which seems to have sorted it

Now, wheres my sword.....