Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Anyone got a Vodafone 3G Datacard

Search this Thread

Old 20 March 2006, 09:40 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got a Vodafone 3G Datacard

Had mine a few months now and was very impressed. It still connects the laptop to the internet but a few weeks ago my VPN started logging on to the work mailserver only now and again. By now it has stopped loggoing on at all [the very same VPN shortcut that worked fine a few weeks ago - even roaming]. I can tell I'm going to be Mickey Mouse in the middle between our IT contractors and Vodafone so here we go...! Anyone with any ideas why it should stop logging on?

Other than that love it and the laptop aerial

D
Old 21 March 2006, 10:58 PM
rich101
Scooby Regular

Mmmm not sure if this would help but I always seem to get a better connection in the mornings, weird I know but certainly true for me.

Oh yes and they don't supply the aerial unless you ask . . . . . which is suprising since you would have to be sitting on the mast to get the full 384 without it.

r
Old 22 March 2006, 09:37 AM
ChefDude
Scooby Regular

i can't vpn on my voda 3g data card.
Old 22 March 2006, 01:21 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

We had quite a few in our office about a year ago - great for when at F1 and WSB races (for work) to get a broadband connection. Main things:

1 - Massively expensive - telling a client that the phone bill was £500 for a month when using one was not easy and fair enough.

2 - major problems. Often stopped working, failed to work and all other stuff that confused Vodafone and others. Too much hassle in the end

We did use it find with our vpn though - never a problem there, but getting a signal was blinkin hard at times, including having to take out the sim, put it in a normal mobile, getting a signal, then taking it out without shutting down, putting it back in the 3g card and then it would find a signal. Had to do this almost all the time.

In the end, wireless was cheaper, almost as easy to find and worked.

Andy
Old 22 March 2006, 06:26 PM
R1916v
Scooby Regular

Using one fine at my place, connects to our gprs apn no problems.