Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Whats going on with Halo 3...??

Search this Thread

Old 01 March 2006, 02:07 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats going on with Halo 3...??

Been looking on Bungie and searched with google but cant really find anything about it, release dates, screen shots, anything!?!

Would of thought there'd be loads of hype?

Anyone know anything about it?

Assume its gonna be set on earth?
Old 01 March 2006, 02:31 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wez_sti
Been looking on Bungie and searched with google but cant really find anything about it, release dates, screen shots, anything!?!

Would of thought there'd be loads of hype?

Anyone know anything about it?

Assume its gonna be set on earth?
It doesnt need hyping, the name does that. M$/Bungie are keeping it close to their chests as it is released the same time as the ps3.
Old 01 March 2006, 02:45 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bob269
as it is released the same time as the ps3.
Actaully nobody knows when it will be released. Not even if it's targeted at the ps3. That's all just internet rumour.

Can't say I'm bothered though. I never liked Halo2, (wasn't as good as Halo 1 imo), and there are plenty of other games coming out on the 360 which look very nice...
Old 01 March 2006, 02:56 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iain Young
Actaully nobody knows when it will be released. Not even if it's targeted at the ps3. That's all just internet rumour.
It was quoted by Microsofts top marketing guy, even if the game is ready now they said they would hold the release until ps3 launch.

Didnt really thing much of Halo 2 myself either
Old 01 March 2006, 03:17 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

The last I heard from the MS marketing guy (last week I think) was that they will not rush Bungie. It'll be ready when it's ready, and the ps3 launch won't affect the relase date.

Microsoft's Game Studios general manager Shane Kim has moved to dampen down speculation on the release of Halo 3.Speaking exclusively to Next-Gen.biz, Kim said - no doubt jokingly - when questioned about Bungie's shooter "I call it the mythical Halo 3 - we haven't announced any such game yet."

Initial disingenuousness aside, Kim added, "If there were a Halo 3 we would be careful about how we announce and introduce it. It's exactly the same way we talked about Halo 2, where people wanted it a year after Halo. That would not have accomplished anything."

When pressed further by the Next-Gen's inquisitors regarding a 2006 debut for the 'mythical' title, Kim was a little more forthcoming, saying: "It depends. If it's the game that everyone is expecting then, yes. For us it's about making a proper impact on the platform. It has to be something with huge significance, so we won't be rushed. We don't want all the hype and speculation to overshadow some of the great titles that do have coming this holiday and thereafter."

Last edited by Iain Young; 01 March 2006 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01 March 2006, 03:56 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iain Young
Can't say I'm bothered though. I never liked Halo2, (wasn't as good as Halo 1 imo), and there are plenty of other games coming out on the 360 which look very nice...
I never liked Halo1 Was a bit samey and got boring very quickly, but then I always preferred my FPS on the PC.

I've still got no further than the training on Rainbow 6 as well Completed the training, then never got as far as starting the proper game.....

People will still buy Halo3 in droves, whether it's good or bad. You can sell on the back of a name, e.g. Doom, Quake, etc. Provided you get it right the first time, which I'm obviously one of the exceptions WRT Halo1, then you can just churn out another updated version and it'll sell.
Old 01 March 2006, 03:59 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Halo 2 was much better - bigger more interesting levels, no repetition like Halo (which was dire for it), some nice features added like dual wield, it just finished a bit crap!
Old 01 March 2006, 04:08 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

I think the big draw of Halo (certainly for me anyway) was the online part. Superb game to play online The actual game was fairly average and nothing particulaly new IMO.
Old 01 March 2006, 04:15 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

I just found Halo2 boring. Halo 1 had far more athmosphere. IMO of course I never got around to trying the online part. The single player was such a bug turnoff for me that I never bothered with it.

There's certainly no way I'll be buying Halo 3
Old 01 March 2006, 04:25 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Thought Halo 2 was very good but Halo was the game that got me back into consoles from my Sega Master systems days and Amiga after. a mate got an Xbox and we started playing Halo in Co-Op mode.... hours where lost to that game but it was great! Still one of my fave games of all time.
Old 01 March 2006, 05:00 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

they werent going to release Halo3 until MS got the movie deal they were after for halo
Old 01 March 2006, 05:31 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by ScoobyJawa
Halo 2 was much better - bigger more interesting levels, no repetition like Halo (which was dire for it), some nice features added like dual wield, it just finished a bit crap!
I remembered when I first played Halo, I wondered what all the fuss was about: "It's just a FPS- nothing to see here"

I found myself saying the same thing after 6 hours of play and STILL having 'just one more go'!

Halo was, indeed, nothing original; it just executed the FPS thing exceptionally well: excellent pacing, good enemy AI, difficulty pitched just about right, interesting enemies and weapons, good scope for tactial play- it rewarded thinking as well as sharp shooting.

The second was more of the same, that is to say it was also superb. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! The ending, however, was awful!

I look forward to the next one.

NS04
Old 01 March 2006, 05:44 PM
spectrum48k
Scooby Regular

I enjoyed Far Cry more than any other FPS in years.

Beautiful environments that really came alive with atmosphere.

There's a new trailer out for the forthcoming XBOX360 version and its mouth-watering! Shame I don't have a 360!
Old 01 March 2006, 05:46 PM
CaptainJohn
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read in Micro Mart that MS is delaying the launch of quite a few popular PC games to coincide with the launch of Windows Vista and it is going to make them only work on Vista so purchasers have to upgrade their OS`s to Vista to be able to play the waited for titles. And with the DRM and HD requirement built into Vista that is going to be easier said than done for most people.
Old 01 March 2006, 08:16 PM
bob269
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by InvisibleMan
they werent going to release Halo3 until MS got the movie deal they were after for halo
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0464037/

Alex Garland was paid $1 million by Microsoft to write an adaptation of the popular game. Microsoft then sold the script to Universal for $10 million.

That doesnt sound like M$ to make money off other peoples work
Old 01 March 2006, 10:13 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

im sure itll be better than doom...well it couldnt be worse...i bet they thought it would be cool to do the FPS sequence but unfortunately it was just cheesey
Old 02 March 2006, 07:42 AM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Hopefully Halo 3 will be great, agree 2 had better designed levels but it was really easy to complete, 1 had a few bits that had you screaming the computer is cheating
Old 03 March 2006, 05:14 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

I loved Halo - but not on the Xbox. Again, I'm one of the advocates for playing FPS with a mouse.
Hated it on the Xbox - couldn't see what the fuss was all about. Then tried it on the PC - WOW!! Loved it

Wasn't bothered with Halo 2, as I was getting into FarCry then (IIRC late!)

Will probably look at Halo 3 as an excuse to upgrade the PC

Dan
Old 03 March 2006, 05:29 PM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

Agreed. FPS require a keyboard and mouse.
Old 03 March 2006, 05:48 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

I'll def get it, think they had loads of great ideas in both 1 & 2, and with the freedom bungie seem to of been given time-wise this time i really think they'll deliver!

The end of 2 was a big let down but it was definately due to bungie running out of time and microsoft demanding its release!

cant imagine them wanting the player to finish the game playing as the arbator, you were blatently meant to go back to earth as the chief and kick some ***! IMO of course!
Old 03 March 2006, 06:07 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555

Will probably look at Halo 3 as an excuse to upgrade the PC

lol im sure thats what MS thinks.

Halo - the reason to get an xbox
Halo3 - the reason to get an xbox360 (even though it didnt work out like that because they wanted to promote the film with it or viceversa)
Halo2 - the reason to get windows Vista (or viceversa )