Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Word Document/Template?

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2006, 09:56 PM
stiscooby
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Word Document/Template?

Don't know if anyone can help with this but I will try and explain what im after

I want to create a standard fax cover page, in Word, and do it so the main contents of the document can't be altered in any way i.e. Company logo, To:, From: etc but just allow people to enter the basic info needed (who it's to, main message etc).

Now when I have received documents from people before the main body of the document is kind of faded, in gray, to the background and the parts of the document which people can edit are in black or "on top" of the main contents, if you know what I mean?

Now I would like to know how I can do this, I have managed to protect certain parts of the document but it's not quite what I am after as I would like to fade the main body of the fax, can I do this using a template or something?

Thanks
Old 11 February 2006, 10:43 PM
Scooby Keys
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Standard Fax Template

If I've understood what you need to do correctly, you need to set the fax as a form, the toolbar can be found under View, Toolbars, Forms.

This way you could 'lock' the To, From, Date, Co, Fax no, etc., and have either drop down fields that can be chosen or a cell that allows you type in details on the right of those. So basically unless it has a dropdown field or text field inserted you cannot change the document as long as you lock it and probably best to password protect it, otherwise anyone can take off the lock by clicking the padlock icon.

Not sure how well I've explained myself but if you want me to explain a bit more, just PM me.

Scooby Keys