Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Netware 6.5 - Inherited Permissions

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2006, 10:37 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Netware 6.5 - Inherited Permissions

Hello all,
I'm having to delve into Netware 6.5 again, and I need to know how to set/reset inherited permissions on a volume.

Under windows I would use the "reset permisions on all child objects..." option, on Mac OS X Server I would click the "Copy" button or select "Propogate Permissions". Under linux I'd use "chmod -R 770"

How do I do the same thing under Netware 6.5? I'm assuming it is possible through ConsoleOne, there is an inherited rights option, but it does not seem to suggest it will push the permissions throughout the folder structure, which is what I want to do.

TIA
Old 20 January 2006, 11:43 PM
darlodge
Scooby Regular

From memory, you can do it from ConsoleOne or NWAdmin but I always found it was easier to do it on a PC with the Novell client already installed, Right click on the folder, select permissions, or Novell Permissions and in there I think there was a permissions tab.

On that tab it shows all the users with permissions to that directory. It's in there somewhere I'm sure.

Can be any more precise as I've not used it for about 18 months thank god

Darren
Old 23 January 2006, 08:44 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

god I've not touched Netware in years (used to be an MCNE too).

Do you still get the old RIGHTS command from a DOS prompt? That's the way I'd do it in the past.
Old 23 January 2006, 09:42 AM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Mrkus,

The way I would do it (and have just checked this one) is to go into windows explorer > right click > properties on the relevant volume > "Netware rights" > Inherited rights and filters > view trustees below directory..... highlight the lot and then > Remove Trustee (assuming that you want to remove everybody and so on.....

HTH

Andy

EDITED TO ADD: I'd do it this way cos you can have completed it by the time ConsoleOne takes to load!!!