Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Outlook Express Query

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2006, 10:29 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Outlook Express Query

Let me try and explain as best I can. I have a website and have set up various mail box accounts to reflect different activities.

The default is set to say david.lock@blahblah.co.uk but I also have another account set up as marquees@blahblah.co.uk because I hire out marquees as a part time activity.

So if I send an e-mail about my main business the message goes out under the default david.lock account. The problem is when I get a response and then hit "REPLY" then OE switches to the marquees account and message goes out unless I remember to change the account. Any automatic replies go out on the marquee account.

Now I know this sounds petty but it is bloody annoying and I have tried everything to try and stop this but to no avail. Just to emphasise I have set the default to david.lock but OE seems to ignore this when I reply to a message. Any ideas?
Old 08 January 2006, 11:19 AM
HankScorpio
Scooby Regular

I get the same in outlook 2003, any reply goes from the original recipient unless changed.

You could set up the secondary addresses as aliases or with forwards at your hoster if they allow it and that way, all mail would get delivered to your main box and you'd only have to set up one in OE and then it would only know about one sender.
Old 08 January 2006, 12:04 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Thanks Hank, I was hoping that there might be a simpler solution?
Old 08 January 2006, 12:22 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In outlook you can do 'view' - 'From Field' as a quick solution, I dont have multiple accounts configured so cant play at the moment. (Im not using word as my email editor though)

David
Old 08 January 2006, 12:26 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Thanks David,

Just off to pub to celebrate my boy's 18th so will try that later.

PS. Am going to ask for a double Kennedy and see what I get

david
Old 08 January 2006, 01:35 PM
Branners
Scooby Regular

how big are the marquees you hire out? Im looking to hire a 9m x 12m for an event later this year and need it shipped there on a Friday, put up and then taken down on the Sunday and taken away. PM me if you want to keep it off this thread.

JB
www.mkivsupra.net
Old 08 January 2006, 03:50 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by Branners
how big are the marquees you hire out? Im looking to hire a 9m x 12m for an event later this year and need it shipped there on a Friday, put up and then taken down on the Sunday and taken away. PM me if you want to keep it off this thread.

JB
www.mkivsupra.net
Hi JB,

I only do the tiddlers like 4m x 8m for garden parties etc. But tell me where you are roughly and I may be able to give you some pointers. david

Trending Topics

Old 08 January 2006, 03:56 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

do you not just enter the correct address in the 'reply address' of that particular address's properies?
Old 08 January 2006, 06:56 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip Sengravy
do you not just enter the correct address in the 'reply address' of that particular address's properies?
When I hit REPLY then it is directed to the correct address i.e. where it came from. It's MY address that changes from the default - david.lock@blahblah.co.uk - to another mail account, marquees@blahblah.co.uk. I can change this if I spot it but it's a nuisance. dl