Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Wireless networking prob

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2005, 12:12 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wireless networking prob

I have an old P3 Compaq laptop with a Dlink wireless PCMCIA card plugged in which has worked ok apart from the mouse going mental (plugged one in) until I took it to London, tried to find wireless access and there were about ten came up on the list, tried them in turn (dont really know what I am doing as I have only ever used my network) but after a few tries the icon at the bottom of the screen that shows the signal strength got greyed out and has a black cross through it ?

Under the hardware profiles it claims to be there and working, the lights flash on it but the Dlink app claims that 'no card is present'.

Is it possible that somebody got annoyed with me blundering through their network and did something to it, far fetched but thats one it seemed like at the time.

or

Just a hardware problem, like I say for all intents and purposes its there but now I have it home its still not connecting.

Will try reinstalling the drivers and then try another card but its a pain, how else can I surf in bed !
Old 26 November 2005, 05:51 PM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ummm... Sounds like it's the default connection setting thats not working. When you first connect it asks for a connection and that is usually the default setting. Try right clicking the icon and trying either a 'repair' or having a look at the 'View available wireless connections'.
Old 26 November 2005, 06:13 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cheers for the info but I downloaded the latest driver and installed that and its now working fine.

Mouse is still mental though !