Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

XBOX360 - Just played one

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2005, 02:51 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XBOX360 - Just played one

Brilliant bit of kit!!!

The fact that this console is hear and now, is the icing on the cake (ok perhaps not available to buy now, but it will be a week today for some of us ).

While I suspect the PS3 will be either as good or better........ it might as well cost 10p and be 16 times more powerful....... if it aint here now, you can't compare.

I was very impressed with the clarity through a Hi-Def screen and it would seem to deliver all that has been promised!!!!

I had a blast on a unit down at my local Blockbuster!

Regards,
Shaun.
Old 25 November 2005, 03:53 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a play in Game (playing COD2) - not overly impressed with COD2 (looked graphically lame), but the 360 ....wow!!!

Roll on Thursday night!!

Dan
Old 25 November 2005, 04:24 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

I was playing one in Game in Chester, and while it's very nice, it's not such a huge leap from the current generation.

Maybe it's early days and they have yet to get the best out of it.

Geezer
Old 25 November 2005, 04:30 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Played COD2 in PC World, today i'm sold totally, take a bit of getting used to having the Black and White buttons up top.
Old 25 November 2005, 04:38 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

The PS3 *should* be better as they have more development time and new technology, but like you say where the hell is it? Sony have made an almighty **** up with this.

I will buy a 360, but not sure if I will buy a PS3 as well, unlike my doubling up on Xbox/PS2.
Old 25 November 2005, 04:47 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Heard rumors the PS3 is going to be more expensive than the current priced 360, so come PS3 release the 360 will be even cheaper.
Old 25 November 2005, 05:08 PM
gregjd
Scooby Regular

Had a good go on one in the US last week. Impressive but they didn't have a PGR3 demo, which is the one I'm most excited about. Some of the other games seemed little better than XBox 1, which I've got running in Hi-Def thanks to a nifty soft-mod.

I missed the boat on pre-ordering (and have been a bit skint!) but I'll inevitably buy one early next year.. Consoling myself with Pro Evo 5 and Far Cry Instincts at the moment.. and reading all about the 360 in Edge this month, which is well worth a read (not bought it in years).
Old 25 November 2005, 05:33 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Had a quick "over the shoulder" watch of what i think was PGR3 whilst roaming around BestBuy. Must say that whatever it was it looked impressive. In car view showed the dash, and from the look of it, the chap was driving a Ferrari (clue was the logo on the instruments ).

I'm waiting a few months before I order mine, simply as right now I don't have the time to play on it, plus I want to see what niggles are thrown up, and of course, if we're really lucky, a modchip might be out by then (though it might not be needed, depends on how and what you can connect the 360 to by default)
Old 25 November 2005, 07:06 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Yeah in the time Sony have had the PS2 out MS have release TWO consoles and still nothing firm from Sony on date for the next - HAHAHAHA!
Old 25 November 2005, 07:24 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gregjd
Some of the other games seemed little better than XBox 1, which I've got running in Hi-Def thanks to a nifty soft-mod.
But the Hi-Def mode on the XBOX is not the quality of that of the XBOX360 generally (by that I mean ALL NTSC XBOX software is hi-def but only at 480 generally) which is expected to be 720 minimum for games and 1080 for higher spec games.

I wasnt bowled over with XBOX360...... but then I wouldnt be since I am running hi-def quality graphics on my PC games, but I think that is the kicker...... these resolutions are now available via a console costing a fraction of the price (that to me is the major step forward). But of course all this discussion about the resolution is only half of the story..... the effects the XBOX360 graphic engine can produce are pretty awesome.

Regards,
Shaun
Old 25 November 2005, 07:51 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by Geezer
I was playing one in Game in Chester, and while it's very nice, it's not such a huge leap from the current generation.

Geezer
Yep, this will be just the beginning. Developers are only just learning how to take advantage of the specification. A IT knowledgable mate tells me that even if the PS3 is technically superior to the Xbox (like for like comparisions will no doubt be difficult), it'll be harder to developers to use and of course Microsoft has got the jump on them, which means that by the time it's released the developers will just be starting to really take advantage of the Xbox's specification.

Of course, Sony could make the PS3 equivalent to a SNES and it'll most likely still outsell the Xbox in the Japan! But Europe and the states....Well, I reckon that's going to be a different story!

NS04
Old 26 November 2005, 12:26 AM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Geezer

Geezer
Exactly my thoughts, not really a jaw dropping moment, I played King Kong and thought it was very lame, I don't play as much these days what with small children needing my love and attention so I'm happy to wait until the summer and see where the box and the PS3 will be at, afterall I still have 60% of GTA SA to complete, long gone are those days where I had 4 hours spare most days to play......
Old 26 November 2005, 12:51 AM
Fuchsrohre
Scooby Regular

Anyone who orders one now is just being carried along by the hype.
Old 26 November 2005, 01:57 AM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Fuchsrohre
Anyone who orders one now is just being carried along by the hype.
I've had it ordered since may, when there was no hype.
Old 26 November 2005, 08:11 AM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

Anyone who orders a 360 now will have to wait until next year to get one!!!!!!

Two local game shops have well over 100 pre orders each and they have both been told that there only getting 2 360's next week and two a week for the forcible future.
Surely Microsoft is hurting itself by not having enough consoles?

I also heard that a lot of 360's are being returned faulty in the US
Old 26 November 2005, 10:47 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jasoon
I also heard that a lot of 360's are being returned faulty in the US
Yeah because the yanks are incapable of reading the instructions properly.