Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

XBox360 Cracked . . .

Search this Thread

Old 16 November 2005, 06:06 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking XBox360 Cracked . . .

. . . open to see whats inside

http://www.anandtech.com/systems/showdoc.aspx?i=2610
Old 16 November 2005, 06:36 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

well if it has a built in removeable drive it wont be long before that is software modded
Old 16 November 2005, 10:33 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

you bl00dy teaser!!!

Dan
Old 17 November 2005, 08:28 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Dunk

I nearly fell off my chair then

Old 17 November 2005, 08:38 AM
mike1210
Scooby Regular

@ the power supply
Old 17 November 2005, 09:14 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Interesting

I note that the controllers come with std batteries, surely these wont last long? They should've included a controller docking station and rechargables.
Old 17 November 2005, 09:56 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Sorry, it was a poor joke

DW - But then they wouldn't be able to sell you the Play 'n' Charge kit

The controller can use standard AA batteries or the rechargeable battery pack. The battery pack is recharged using the Play 'n' Charge kit which trickle charges whilst you play. I thought there was supposed to be a standalone charger too, but but can't seem to find one anywhere ?
Old 17 November 2005, 10:11 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mike1210
@ the power supply
It's about the same size as the one for my laptop, so not too bad!!!

well if it has a built in removeable drive it wont be long before that is software modded
But the bios, operatring system etc is all on chips inside the system itself. The hard drive is only used for data storage, (which is how it can work ithout a hard drive attached). With all the security measures they've put in place, it's looking like it will be a lot more tricky than the old xbox.

Good thing too. Now that they've included practically every media option you could think of, the only obvious reason for chipping the new box would be for illegal purposes (i.e. pirate games etc). Anything that can be done to stop that from happening is a plus in my book
Old 17 November 2005, 10:43 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Agree with Iain, much better for the console industry, and us, if people stop with the pirated games

I've always bought my games, you get more enjoyment from them then.
Old 17 November 2005, 10:52 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
Agree with Iain, much better for the console industry, and us, if people stop with the pirated games

I've always bought my games, you get more enjoyment from them then.
I know mates with young kids and using back-ups has saved them loads of times with games. They are taken out and thrown on the carpet, sat on etc.
Old 17 November 2005, 11:23 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Perhaps they ought to teach their kids how to look after stuff properly then. If they don't make backups, and don't replace damaged discs (that are damaged due bad handling rather than an accident), then they'll soon learn to respect stuff.

I know several people with kids, both young and older, whos games are all still in pristene condition, despite being used a lot.
Old 17 November 2005, 12:04 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iain Young
Perhaps they ought to teach their kids how to look after stuff properly then. If they don't make backups, and don't replace damaged discs (that are damaged due bad handling rather than an accident), then they'll soon learn to respect stuff.

I know several people with kids, both young and older, whos games are all still in pristene condition, despite being used a lot.
thanks for that lesson super nanny...

I have CD's that are now pretty much useless due to scratches and that is with taking care of them. games are no different. They will pick up scratches with use.
Old 17 November 2005, 12:14 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

I've still got pristine computer game cds from the original ps1 release. Come to think of it, I've still got pristine Sega MegaCD discs as well. I don't know what people do to them, but I've never had a cd scratch (audio or computer), and I've got hundreds of the things...

I just don't see the argument advocating computer piracy simply because kids don't know how to look after stuff properly.
Old 17 November 2005, 12:24 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iain Young
I've still got pristine computer game cds from the original ps1 release. Come to think of it, I've still got pristine Sega MegaCD discs as well. I don't know what people do to them, but I've never had a cd scratch (audio or computer), and I've got hundreds of the things...

I just don't see the argument advocating computer piracy simply because kids don't know how to look after stuff properly.
The friend I'm talking about buys the back-ups from the internet and uses them for his kids. He uses the original for Xbox Live. To me that just makes sense.
Old 17 November 2005, 12:29 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Is that not the same as me not wanting kids to puke in the back seat of a Scoob, so going and stealing one to use instead?
Old 17 November 2005, 12:50 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I thought I'd read somewhere that the majority of games companies will replace damaged CD's. Wouldn't cost them that much and we all know they do OK. No doubt that was abused and stopped.
Old 17 November 2005, 02:16 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Codemasters replaced my CMR disc when it was faulty (damaged by me) - charged me about £5 IIRC

Don't mind that

Dan
Old 17 November 2005, 03:13 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Is that not the same as me not wanting kids to puke in the back seat of a Scoob, so going and stealing one to use instead?
I wouldn't say that.

I copy my Cd's for use in my car. They end up scratched going in and out of the HU. My originals are kept at home. I don't see that as a problem nor do I with someboyd using a copy of a game they own.
Old 17 November 2005, 03:25 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Fine as long as they own the original, but you said your mate buys backups off the internet

Its personal choice, but I prefer to buy them brand new as I once tried backups on my PS1 when I was younger, and cos you can get so many games for £3 each or whatever the playable value of each went down.
Old 17 November 2005, 03:46 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Fine as long as they own the original, but you said your mate buys backups off the internet

Its personal choice, but I prefer to buy them brand new as I once tried backups on my PS1 when I was younger, and cos you can get so many games for £3 each or whatever the playable value of each went down.
He could own the game but not the technology to back it up mate, hence buying it from the net............
Old 17 November 2005, 04:59 PM
Swen6
Scooby Regular

Are you on Drugs???, how do you get more enjoyment going to the shop and buying them?, i'm sure people get more enjoyment thinking i've just saved myself £35.
Plus games are available earlier and sometimes better, i've seen a hacked Pro Evo 4, someone went to the level of editing all the names, and kits to the origianls.
Old 17 November 2005, 05:26 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

I personally do, as with backups you tend to buy maybe 5-10 games in one go and I just dont have the time to play that many, so prefer to buy a new game every other month and complete it all before buying another one.

Besides, being an IT developer i'd be pretty hacked off after working solidly for someone to just come along and steal my work without paying me.
Old 17 November 2005, 05:29 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Also, if everyone stole games like you are advocating, then nobody would write them any more (it wouldn't be financially worth it), so by doing this, you are not only putting people out of work, but also killing the games industry.

Like Dream Weaver, I'm in IT as well (I write computer software for a living), so this is a little close to home, and I know I certainly wouldn't want people stealing stuff I'd spent months / years writing.
Old 19 November 2005, 11:15 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant be arsed with pirated stuff, you end up spending twenty quid on 5 games, 2 dont work, 1 involves serious arsing about and the other two are ok, might as well buy second hand originals of Ebay for a 5 to 10 quid and buy the occasional top end new release based on good reviews.
Old 19 November 2005, 02:21 PM
andymanSurrey
Scooby Newbie

nice to see microsoft have included a nice floor heater for the winter period!!.that power supply is outragous!!