Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Another knackered comp.

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2005, 10:25 AM
doug2507
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another knackered comp.

Hi,

Ive got an acer 3200 ferrari laptop. It ended up not being able to find an os and when put in for repair at my local computer guru he went and fitted a new HD.

Problem now is its reporting critical sys. errors and keeps telling me to shut down or system failure will occur. Well, it keeps shutting off itself. Tried installing 5 games and mp3 software on it and couldnt do 1. Said there waqs a sound file missing. Whats going on???!!!!

Cheers,
Doug.

p.s especially bad when connected to the net.

Last edited by doug2507; 01 October 2005 at 10:26 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01 October 2005, 10:35 AM
jpor
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by doug2507
Hi,

Ive got an acer 3200 ferrari laptop. It ended up not being able to find an os and when put in for repair at my local computer guru he went and fitted a new HD.

Problem now is its reporting critical sys. errors and keeps telling me to shut down or system failure will occur. Well, it keeps shutting off itself. Tried installing 5 games and mp3 software on it and couldnt do 1. Said there waqs a sound file missing. Whats going on???!!!!

Cheers,
Doug.

p.s especially bad when connected to the net.
Ummm... Have you tried booting up in safe mode and checking the event viewer to see if that sheds any more light on the problem?

The only thing I can think of from what you describe is either the new HDD has a prbloem being accessed, this could be down to a loose connection when it was installed. Or the Laptop is overheating (fan Failure on the CPU) and as a safety measure the PC shuts itself down.

I would consider taking it back to the person or company who fixed it and let them have a go at rectifying the problem.