Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

It's Official - Xbox360 to be released on 2nd Dec

Search this Thread

Old 24 September 2005, 11:47 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool It's Official - Xbox360 to be released on 2nd Dec

Taken from http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/community/...essrelease.htm

The Countdown Begins: Xbox 360 Hits Store Shelves
Nov. 22 in North America, Dec. 2 in Europe, and Dec. 10 in Japan

Manufacturing kicks into high gear as Microsoft braces for unprecedented global demand

TOKYO — Sept. 15, 2005 — Fueling global anticipation for the arrival of its powerful new video game and entertainment system, Microsoft today announced that Xbox 360 will arrive on store shelves Thursday, Nov. 22 in North America, Friday, Dec. 2 in Europe and Saturday, Dec. 10 in Japan. The announcement, made on the eve of Tokyo Game Show, marked the first time in history that a game console has launched in three territories in the same timeframe. In preparation for what is expected to be massive worldwide demand for the new system, Microsoft also announced that Xbox 360 manufacturing is underway, with three state-of-the-art facilities producing millions of units ultimately bound for frenzied gamers’ homes from Osaka to Oxford to Orlando.

“This holiday season, gamers in Japan, Europe and North America pining to experience jaw-dropping high-definition graphics, unmatched online play, and compelling digital entertainment features of Xbox 360 will finally have the chance,” said Robbie Bach, chief Xbox officer for Microsoft. “Every renowned development studio in the world is busy putting the finishing touches on their Xbox 360 games. We expect a strong portfolio of titles on launch day and through the holidays that will appeal to fans of every genre and gamers in every region, and with more than 200 games currently in development, continuous new additions to the library are on the way.”

Bach and other Microsoft executives, headlining a series of events that open Tokyo Game Show, will detail the company’s strategy for success in Japan. More than 40 publishers in Japan, including Bandai, Capcom, Koei, Konami, Namco, Sega, Square Enix, and Tecmo have pledged their support for Xbox 360, joining the ranks of best publishers from around the world. As the ultimate canvas for game developers, Xbox 360 will inspire a new wave of innovation in game-play, storytelling, and artistry never before seen in video games

Promising to capture the imagination of Japanese gamers, new titles and established franchises like “DEAD OR ALIVE 4”, “Ridge Racer 6”, “NINETY-NINE NIGHTS”, ”Dead Rising”, and “Final Fantasy XI” will be available on Xbox 360 in the months to come. With support for high-definition output with anti-aliasing, and Dolby 5.1 surround sound, all Xbox 360 games will deliver smooth, cinematic experiences that scream off the screen.

In addition to the impressive line-up of titles both in Japan and around the world, gamers will soon be able to enjoy the next generation of Xbox Live, the Emmy award-winning online games and entertainment network. With Xbox 360 and the Xbox Live service, gamers can play online in a community of millions, connect with friends using voice and video chat, download new content, build online profiles, and experience new modes of entertainment. Xbox 360 is also the ultimate amplifier for music, movies and photos stored on an array of devices including MP3 players, digital cameras and Windows PCs. The console makes it easy for gamers to enjoy all of their digital content in the living room, on the best TV and speakers in the house.

Tokyo Game Show marks the first time that consumers will be able to experience the power of Xbox 360 first-hand. A number of key titles will be on display at the Xbox 360 booth including:

“Bomberman – Act Zero” (Hudson)
“Call of Duty 2” (Activision)
“Chrome Hound” (Sega)
“DEAD OR ALIVE 4” (Tecmo)
“Dead Rising” (Capcom)
“Dynasty Warriors 4 Special” (Koei)
“Everyparty” (Microsoft Game Studios)
“Far East of Eden – Ziria” (Hudson Soft)
“Final Fantasy XI” (SquareEnix)
“Frame City Killer“ (Namco)
“Gears of War” (Microsoft Game Studios)
“Kameo: Elements of Power” (Microsoft Game Studios)
“Mobile Suit GUNDAM” (Bandai)
“NBA Live 2006” (Electronic Arts)
“Need for Speed Most Wanted” (Electronic Arts)
“NINETY-NINE NIGHTS” (Microsoft Game Studios)
“Project Gotham Racing 3” (Microsoft Game Studios)
“Resident Evil 5” (Capcom)
“Ridge Racer 6” (Namco)
“Rumble Roses XX” (Konami)
“Shutoku Battle” (Genki)
“SONIC THE HEDGEHOG” (Sega)
“Test Drive Unlimited” (Atari)
“Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter” (UbiSoft)
“World Air Force” (Taito)
“Wrestle Kingdom” (Yukes)

Microsoft also announced Japanese pricing of Xbox 360. Japanese gamers looking for the ultimate digital entertainment thrill ride and best value right out of the box may purchase Xbox 360 at 37,900JPY, which comes fully loaded with a 20 GB detachable Xbox 360 Hard Drive for storing music, video and games, an Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, a Media Remote control, an Xbox 360 headset, a Component HD AV cable for connecting to component and composite television inputs, an ethernet cable, and batteries.

About Xbox 360
Xbox 360 is the most powerful video game and entertainment system, delivering the best games, the next generation of the premier Xbox Live online gaming service, and unique digital entertainment experiences that revolve around you. The system will launch this holiday season in Europe, Japan and North America, to be followed by availability in Australia, Colombia, Hong Kong, Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Singapore and Taiwan in 2006. More information can be found online at http://www.xbox.com/xbox360.

About Xbox Live
Xbox Live continues to transform and unite Xbox game communities worldwide, with a presence in 24 countries worldwide and a global community of more than 2 million members. As the first and only global, unified online console games service, Xbox Live offers world-class games, intelligent matchmaking, tournaments, unique programming and integration with Xbox.com.

About Microsoft
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note to editors: If you are interested in viewing additional information on Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft® Web page at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass on Microsoft’s corporate information pages. Web links, telephone numbers and titles were correct at time of publication, but may since have changed. For additional assistance, journalists and analysts may contact Microsoft’s Rapid Response Team or other appropriate contacts listed at http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/contactpr.mspx.

* Actual retail prices may vary.

Microsoft, Xbox 360, Xbox Live, Xbox and Windows are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corp. in the United States and/or other countries.

The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners
Old 24 September 2005, 11:49 AM
NickAdams
Scooby Regular

I thought it was a worldwide release on the same day? Apparently not....
Old 24 September 2005, 11:52 AM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Bring it on!!!!

I can't wait...although my wife has told me there is NO WAY I get to touch it before Dec 25th

Hope Santa doesn't forget me this year and he also brings PGR3

Old 24 September 2005, 01:18 PM
Mogsi
Scooby Regular

Days holiday already booked at work

Does anybody know if PGR3 is still a launch title or did it get put back !! If it got put back I need to decide what game to get :0/
Old 24 September 2005, 01:53 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

OMFG!! Resident evil5 on Xbox........ oops, I think I've just shot my bolt......

Was expecting it for the 29 (day before my birthday), but will now have to wrap it up for Chrimbo (if possible!!!!)

Dan
Old 24 September 2005, 05:47 PM
chrisowe
Scooby Regular

Wasn't this posted last week ?
Old 25 September 2005, 10:52 AM
john_s
Scooby Regular

Looks like John's Christmas present to John has been decided!

Best ask Santa for a copy of PGR3 too...

John.
Old 25 September 2005, 09:23 PM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

Funny, a games mag I picked up today has it as the 25th November from Microsoft....
Old 26 September 2005, 09:59 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by King Eric
Funny, a games mag I picked up today has it as the 25th November from Microsoft....
That's the USA releas date. They get it before us...
Old 26 September 2005, 10:44 AM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Iain Young

That's the USA releas date. They get it before us...
at first you think, ok, fair enough, American product, they're gonna get it first arent they, but its f00king annoying as even english films/games etc get released over there first aswell!! and Jap products aswell!!!!!!

as a whole, the EU offers a larger potential market, so why treat us like 3rd rate users!?!
Old 26 September 2005, 12:38 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

so MS not going to be release Halo3 till the film comes out 2007/08?
Old 26 September 2005, 12:49 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by InvisibleMan

so MS not going to be release Halo3 till the film comes out 2007/08?
everywhere i've read have said its going to be released the same day as the PS3, just to p1ss sony off! and that was from Mr Gates himself...

as for the film, think it could be quality, though MS are being a pain in the *** with stupid conditions and demands which is putting the major studios off making it...
Old 26 September 2005, 01:46 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wez_sti
and Jap products aswell!!!!!!
Well, we get the 360 before Japan
Old 26 September 2005, 01:52 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Well, we get the 360 before Japan

do we, well, a small conselation then!
Old 26 September 2005, 06:54 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

a few days either way isn't going to hurt.
Old 26 September 2005, 10:37 PM
King RA
BANNED

Originally Posted by RB5-Black
a few days either way isn't going to hurt.
Tell that to everyone reading the forums after the US release about how AMAZING it is and how YOU'VE GOT TO SEE THIS!!!
Old 27 September 2005, 02:49 AM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by King RA
Tell that to everyone reading the forums after the US release about how AMAZING it is and how YOU'VE GOT TO SEE THIS!!!
I only say that because I'm offshore at the time. MY 360 will be waiting when I get home
Old 27 September 2005, 10:06 AM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

It's only a week. The logistics of a concurrent worldwide release would be practically unmanageable, so I don't blame them for staggering it a bit. Also, seeing as Microsoft is an American company, it doesn't seem unreasonable that they should release there first.

Just be glad it's not Sony. I doubt we'll get the ps3 until at least 6 months after the Japanese / USA....
Old 27 September 2005, 10:12 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

And then there will be the usual Sony BS about the cargo ship being stuck somewhere and supplies might not be met, creating more hype....
Old 27 September 2005, 12:49 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Question FACT OR FICTION....

Does anyone know the exact spec of the 360, tried the official xbox360.com but its just loads of fancy flash with no real info.

does the basic one have an intenal HDD? just not a removable one?

can i transfer over my current x-box live subscription?
how long do the wireless controllers batteries last?

loads of other questions i cant think of at the mo aswell!

Wez

Old 27 September 2005, 01:09 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wez_sti
Does anyone know the exact spec of the 360, tried the official xbox360.com but its just loads of fancy flash with no real info.
Yes, it's been widely publicised for some time now.

does the basic one have an intenal HDD? just not a removable one?
No. The only hard disc available is the external one. The basic version has no hdd at all.

can i transfer over my current x-box live subscription?
Yes.

how long do the wireless controllers batteries last?
Depends on the batteries, but I've seen claim that 2 AA batteries will give you about 40 hours use. You could always get the play & charge kit...

p.s. a quick google will reveal all the answers
Old 27 September 2005, 01:12 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

p.s. for the specs try..

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/factsheet.htm
Old 27 September 2005, 01:20 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Microsoft and Intel to Support HD-DVD
>> From betanews.com/nytimes.com:

Microsoft and Intel are expected on Tuesday to pledge their support for HD-DVD, the next-generation DVD format created by Toshiba. Microsoft had previously remained neutral in the standards war between HD-DVD and Sony-backed Blu-ray, as the company's VC-1 Windows Media Video codec will be included with both formats.
The companies said they had not ruled out incorporating Blu-ray technology in their operating systems and on their chips in the future. But they are convinced that as of now, the HD-DVD format discs can be produced more cheaply and more quickly than the Blu-ray discs, and are therefore likely to become the dominant technology.
"We were neutral for a long time," Jordi Ribas, the director of technical strategy for Windows at Microsoft, said. "But we're approaching the time when this has to come to market and from our standpoint, the earlier the better."

In the end, copyright controls may have been the deciding factor for Microsoft and Intel. As the two companies push out more Media Center enabled PCs, the movement of protected content around the home becomes an important factor.
Blu-ray will include advanced watermarking technology that favors standalone consumer electronics devices by requiring authorization codes built into the hardware to access content. Such security features could make it difficult for consumers bouncing video from a PC to a TV, or those streaming content between networked computers.
Read More: betanews.com, nytimes.com.
Old 27 September 2005, 02:45 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

p.s. a quick google will reveal all the answers

sorry, i'm just lazy
Old 13 October 2005, 05:54 PM
InvisibleMan
Scooby Regular

Halo the movie in 2007 so i guess the game will be then too. And its by Peter Jackson & WETA