Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Help! Spam Via My Website

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2005, 01:33 PM
blubs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help! Spam Via My Website

Hi,

Does anyone know how I can stop mailing lists from spamming my website forwarding addresses and deluging my subsequent home e-mail.

I am hosting a website for a local choir on my own webspace provided with my broadband package. It's a simple website but provides everything they need for upcoming events/concerts etc.

Problem is, the additional forwarding addresses such as info@xxxx and sales@xxxx are being spammed and this obviously ends up in my home mailbox. I have click to be removed (i know! This probably just confirms I exist!), but are still getting up to 10 a day.
Worse still, the majority are sex/enlargement type which my good lady finds most interesting (I didn't think mine was THAT small!).

Any help gladly appreciated guys.

blubs
Old 11 September 2005, 04:51 PM
HHxx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you have a catch all account.

If you can, sort your email addresses out with multiple mailboxes for different names@... This will rid some of the spam.

Use a isp/hoster that has some anti-spam technology that filters you mail before it gets to your mailbox, this will get rid of a few more..

H