Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

V21 ARRRRRGGGH !!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2005, 01:02 PM
kbsub
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down V21 ARRRRRGGGH !!!!!!!!!!

Trying to migrate from V21 to Plusnet , and they tell me to close my account I have to give notice in writing , so I do that , then they send me a letter with a form to sign saying I want to cancel , so I return that , so then I ring up for my mac code " sorry cant give you the MAC code till your account is cancelled " so I argue if my account is cancelled I cant get on the internet to open another account ( Plusnet won't take subscriptions over the phone )
so I ring them and tell them this and the guy says he will ring me back with the MAC code , no return phone call so I email them for the MAC code , two days later they reply saying they want £30.00 for the code and it be requested in writing !! (WTF )

I mean what is going on with this ISP , all because I want to cancel they make things as difficult as possible , they are losing the account anyway so why do this ?? , do they think I will change my mind and stay with them after all this hassle just trying to close the account , In 8 years of being on the web its easily the worst service I have come across
Anyone else have these problems trying to close an account ??

Last edited by kbsub; 24 August 2005 at 01:05 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 24 August 2005, 01:18 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bulldog are notorious for lack of help when cancelling as well.

This is what I'm going to do. Email, post by recorded delivery and fax the request for the MAC code and to cancel the account. The only issue you will have is waiting for the MAC code. £30 is normal but most ISPs provide the MAC foc.

Once I get the MAC code, im cancelling the DDebit myself, so that they cant take any more monthly charges from me. If they comeback, then you have your email, fax and recorded delivery receipt as proof that the cancellation was asked for in good time.

Even if the account is due for cancellation they are suppose to give you a day or two to be able to migrate to a new ISP anyway. So you have time to register with another ISP and get the all important email from the new ISP with your login details.
Old 24 August 2005, 01:26 PM
kbsub
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So will I get the MAC code foc when the account is finally cancelled ?
I will take up your advice and send them cancelation and MAC request by recorded delivery
Funny how you never have this hassle when signing up ??
Old 25 August 2005, 09:33 AM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kbsub
So will I get the MAC code foc when the account is finally cancelled ?
I will take up your advice and send them cancelation and MAC request by recorded delivery
Funny how you never have this hassle when signing up ??
It depends on the ISP, most don't charge, some do.

Absolutely, alot of companies are only interested in getting you onto their books, and then the customer support stops