Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Good games review site (PS2)

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2005, 10:07 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good games review site (PS2)

Is there a GOOD games review site out there?

All I ever see is mags and sites that give EVERY BL**DY game 8/9 out of 10. There's no relativity. I want a review that honestly says how it is. If it's not great then give it 1/2 out of ten, not bl**dy 6/7 which most do

Get the idea of what I'm after?

I'm into games that have great PLAYABILITY and is interesting, fancy graphics are a bonus. Too many (probably most) games rely on fancy graphics. A good game will still be good even if the graphics are a bit ****e. Put it this way, if your favourite game had crap graphics, would you still play it? Oh yeah, and none of this crap 6/7 button combinations just to get the guy to shoot left

Anyway good sites and games out there?
Old 05 August 2005, 10:10 AM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

http://www.ign.com/ provide extensive reviews.
Old 05 August 2005, 11:24 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

IMHO the only magazine to give half decent & reliable reviews is EDGE - probably due to the fact that's not console specific so it's not run by fanboys.

Playstation's website game ratings are bit of a joke IMHO - OK so the idea of everyone voting and taking an average score is good - but not when everyone who votes is a spotty geek who rates games dependant on how much foul language is contained in it...

FWIW - I always read reviews with a pinch of salt, how does someone else know if I'm gonna like a game or not? There's loads of games that I love that have had rubbish reviews and vice versa.

Anyone remember a playstation game called Tunnel B1? didn't set the world on fire but that was the game that got me back into the habit of buying consoles...

I'm like you - I prefer my games go give me something to think about, The Tomb Raider series might get some stick these days for not "innovating" but it's a formula that works for me - also love the C&C games.

Last edited by messiah; 05 August 2005 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05 August 2005, 04:33 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

www.gamerankings.com - all in one