Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

iTunes Vs Dance Mix CD's

Search this Thread

Old 04 August 2005, 11:16 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy iTunes Vs Dance Mix CD's

OK here's my problem...

I Imported the Ministry Of Sound Annual 2003 into iTunes and it puts a gap in between every track - so I have a look on Apple's site for a fix and read about the Join CD Tracks feature. So I re-import the CD having joined the tracks into one 100mb track but it ditches all the seperate track info from the CD and you can't skip tracks either. It plays as one continous mix but skip forward a track and goes back to the album selection screen.

Never had this problem on Minidisc...

How do I import the tracks so they are continuous but I still get the tracks as seperate entities?
Old 04 August 2005, 11:40 AM
class_A
Scooby Regular

You can't. iTunes/iPod doesn't do gapless playback and it's a pain in the ****. There is however a glimmer of hope on the horizon. Apple has made a tool available called Chapter Tool. It's primarily aimed at podcasters and it allows you to create bookmarks/chapters in your AAC files which I guess could be adapted to mark mix-points in dance compliations.
Old 05 August 2005, 04:09 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Just been having a sniff around and found this article on creating gapless songs. It also uses the chapter tool, plus a few other things. I've not read it in it's entirety, but it seems like it might allow you to do what you want.

I always thought the problem was due to a limitation in MP3 rather than anything to do with iTunes itself, but you live and learn
Old 05 August 2005, 04:48 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

No good for a PC user
Old 05 August 2005, 06:13 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

You could use a different player for your music. Winamp is pretty good, it can be setup so that the pause on track change is very small.

There is also a gapless playback plugin that you can use for those dance CDs

You can also play your iTunes in Winamp if you decrpyt them. There has been a discussion on here about how to do this before. I've not needed to do it as I do not use iTunes...really hate their software, and can get music elsewhere for less.

http://www.mp3search.ru/

Last edited by Luminous; 05 August 2005 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05 August 2005, 08:54 PM
class_A
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
Just been having a sniff around and found this article on creating gapless songs. It also uses the chapter tool, plus a few other things. I've not read it in it's entirety, but it seems like it might allow you to do what you want.

I always thought the problem was due to a limitation in MP3 rather than anything to do with iTunes itself, but you live and learn
POST OF THE DAY... this weekend I will mainly be playing around with chapters and mix CD's!